PDA

View Full Version : comments, pls?

hlee
12-24-2001, 07:04 PM
everyone, high!

can anyone pls offer their opinion/advice on this? the photo's admittedly not ideal, but i'll appreciate any comments on one of my first real pieces, an ink-on-paper.

thanx, and happy holidays everyone!

hlee
12-25-2001, 10:44 AM
o wait...sorry...the pic didn't show up, he he :D...
ok, here we go...

hlee
12-25-2001, 10:46 AM
o wait...sorry...the pic didn't show up, he he :D...
ok, here we go...

thanx again, and merry christmas!

colorme
12-25-2001, 11:01 AM
hey try saving it as a jpg

hlee
12-25-2001, 12:29 PM
ok, lemme try again...

http://www.artistnation.com/members/lofts/walibots/00002.jpg

Fmalo
12-28-2001, 09:44 PM
I liked it better the first few tries.

ThinkSeeDraw
12-29-2001, 11:46 AM
It seems like you were doing more of a doodle than a real piece. How big is it? Did you have an image in your mind when you went into it, and if so, is there anything you were aiming for? Unless i missed something, it just looks like a doodle to me

hlee
12-29-2001, 04:46 PM
well strawberrrie... i'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or one way of saying it's junk. on one hand it's just supposed to be squiggly (psychiatrists say there's a lot to be read from doodles :D )... but on the other hand, it does seem too simple, a bit meaningless... i was going to develop things from there (this one's actually really tiny, about 5.5" by 8.5"), but after yr comment (which does have a truthful ring to it), now i'm not so sure :( ... do you think you could please give me a few more suggestions?

dnip24
12-30-2001, 12:31 AM
good attempt

ThinkSeeDraw
12-30-2001, 09:51 AM
It is looks like an Idea, it could have let to something more meaningful, but It didn't. I Do love to do things like this, Just start drawing shapes and add and add till the page is full. The only thing i like about this is how it's one continuing form. It's all one piece. But i would not call it a real piece, it's just too simple. But whether you considered it a finished piece, that's your choice. I have abstracts where people ask when i'm going to finish it, and I tell them that it's already done.

Ok, back to this... I really do like it as a sketch, but I wish it had form. Like, If in the negative space, It could form out an image, or I can almost see people in it, but Not enough to count...

sum it all up, It's an idea in the making. ;) I would love to see it elaborated, or for you to tell me to shut up cuz it's done. Eithier one, I would be happy :p