PDA

View Full Version : Sold another painting!

Artistammy
05-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I just had to tell you all I sold the SantaFe blue door painting. My hair stylist seems to be trading haircuts for most of my southwest paintings. Yeah! :clap: This time I sold it for $100 matted but no frame. I read that thread of Dawn's.

CarlyHardy
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Congratulations, Tammy!!! How exciting for you :clap: :clap: and I know the lucky buyer will be really pleased with the painting!!
carly

HarvestMoon
05-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Way to go! And in Lubbock no less :clap: And hey, your hair looks great!

Paula Ford
05-13-2005, 08:15 PM
That's wonderful Tammy!! Congratulations!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paula

CindyW
05-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Tammy, that is wonderful!! How inspiring! I'm very happy for you. :)

Khadres
05-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Hooray for ya! That was a fab painting, BTW...just about my fave of yours!(grumbling to m'self that shoot, I'da paid THAT for it if I'd known...well, and if I coulda used pennies...lol).

I do think you've got the right end of the stick in selling matted for a bit less than if framed. Frames are soooo costly and often the buyer doesn't like the one you put on their painting anyway and change it as soon as they take it home. Of course, for gallery sales, frames are a must, but...

Still...you should be able to begin edging your prices up fairly substantially if your quality stays as good as it's been over the last year...fabulous work and each one better than the last!

Trilby
05-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Tammy, this is super, though not a bit surprising, The Blue Door is a terrific painting. I watched through the whole process on the WIP. I'm glad you took a page from Dawn's new book. I have forgotten the size of the painting. What is it?
TJ

Dark_Shades
05-14-2005, 06:58 AM
I just had to tell you all I sold the SantaFe blue door painting. My hair stylist seems to be trading haircuts for most of my southwest paintings. Yeah! :clap: This time I sold it for $100 matted but no frame. I read that thread of Dawn's.

Excellent..... well done indeed........ all Sales, are good news for us all..... :clap:

ha ha ha, Ive done the same self thing..... had a ballerina painting all matted and framed to take into my Works Exhibition, my hairdresser came round... promptly called back and returned - we traded, with part payment, and a FREE hair cut and style for next time round lolol

Artistammy
05-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Sooz, I never think of other pastelists wanting to buy artwork. lol If you like something you can always ask how much. I wish I could get more but so far David's the only one I've sold anything to for a somewhat reasonable price. I've listed several on Artbyus but not sold anything...even relisted. E-bay is hard to break into with the changes. I sold some for dirt cheap for awhile but now I can't even get any lookers hardly so I quit wasting money listing there. I'll keep thinking of ways to market & consider a show. If I paint something other than southwest I don't think David will buy it. Then I can save it for a show. lol
TJ, the size is 11 x 14" before matting. I used to do smaller but they're harder unless they're mini. I may even do another larger one soon. Considering it for the mirror still life I've been arranging.
Thanks,
Tammy

Khadres
05-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Well, I really don't have any wall space to spare or the spare bucks either, but that was a REALLY good deal your hairdresser got on that beautiful painting! Wonder why I was so SURE it was about twice the size? Wow, how you got all that in such a small painting so perfectly! I'm wondering if you could keep doing a southwest theme now and then and put them by for a themed show? Maybe not let the hairdresser SEE 'em til the show? LOL