PDA

View Full Version : Party for terri (working)

sniktaw
05-13-2005, 05:10 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-13-2005/55330_terri.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Party for terri (working)
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 48 x 36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Terri shivo mess

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just started this painting and not sure if I should finish it. It's kind of creeping me out. My vision is to have all the players in that mess in party hats. The style I wanted to use is Diego Riveraish, but I don't think I am going in that direction. Any thoughts??? damn my style!

Pars
05-13-2005, 05:14 PM
very interesting concept. i am very keen on political art. i do think, however, you have to get all these players into a more cohesive whole.

just was looking at some ernst and hoch, last few days, both of whom, did collage and politics. balancing this number of figures is a challenge. - both did quite a bit of overlapping.

perhaps the party hats will bring them together in a way that will suit you. i'd like to see you keep going.

sniktaw
05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Zoe, I was going to do this as a collage first, but then change my mind. I am going to fill in the areas in black with other things such as the capital and crazied man with cup of water. All the bizarre stuff that went on. And of course the Bothers Grim! This will be a challenge for me, but I think I need it.

liz

dcorc
05-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi Liz

as this is an unfinished work in progress, and you're looking for advice on whether, and how, to go about doing so, I'm moving this thread into our "Works in progress" WIP subforum.

Dave