PDA

View Full Version : "Rusty" and an update....

woodguy
05-12-2005, 09:47 PM
This is a three block cutting of my Dad. It is 5 x 7, was cut on MDF but proofed on bond paper. Ink was oil based black, but for the light greys I used titanium white and raw umber oil paints mixed into the black ink. For the darker grey I added titanium white and burnt umber oil paint to the black ink. The second image is a reprint of a earlier one that I did with just oil paint. This one is done with black ink on Lennox paper, with a few changes made in the carving. Jim

zardoz
05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I can't help but like the way you see things and put them on paper

sassybird
05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
You definitely have your own style, and a fine one at that. I enjoy seeing your work:)

woodguy
05-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Thank you, Zardoz and Charissa! Your comments made me feel good and brightened my day! It's 11 pm here and I am off to print the cut that I did last night. Jim

CBHutch
05-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Jim,

I love your work! I enjoy all the prints you've shown us, but I particularly like the style you've developed for your portraits. Thanks for sharing them. :)

Cheryl

woodguy
05-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Thank you, Cheryl :) I have a couple more completed, but I will wait to post them when I can post a few all in one thread. I am feeling a bit self-concious about having so many threads going on at once. I really am not trying to monopolize the forum :rolleyes: Jim

Diane Cutter
05-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I like this one a lot... It has a kind of universal 'older person' appeal to it, and is mysterious enough that it isn't a specific portrait...

Diane