PDA

View Full Version : Portrait - Big Head

Mikey
05-11-2005, 02:10 PM
This should be striking at the size if nothing else. 28 x 24 inches, oil on canvas.

Looking at this from a distance when I took the photo outside things like the chin became more obvious than close up in my room. The mouth will look odd as yet because of the lighting and the fact it just isn't anywhere near finished. I've still got to adjust some colours.

Any comments.

Mikey

laketrees
05-14-2005, 08:18 AM
This is striking Mikey...I love the large format......you must be so busy...you are really on a painting spree....... :wave: :D ...I hope everything is on target for your exhibition.... :) :)
cheers kim

Mikey
05-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks Kim, I've replied on OCF 'Portrait'.

Mikey

Mikey
05-19-2005, 04:44 AM
I've had another go at this so I can put this one in the show. I think she needs another piece of hair at the top. I put more black paint down in her hair at the left and that changed everything. Arrgh.

You can see it larger with the link.

Mikey

http//:www.mikeysdream.com/images/japanese_girl_head.jpg

Gilberte
05-19-2005, 05:06 AM
Hi Mikey !
Good work man ! Her eyes are so alive, they really do talk to me !
Hoping for a lot of success at your show !
Ciao !

haaf
05-19-2005, 05:09 AM
well Mikey......the link is not working.....never mind
This is great work !!! and I do wish you will have a great show !!!!

Mikey
05-19-2005, 05:44 AM
Many thanks Gilberte and Caroline. I cannot think how that extra http got in their. Let;s give it another go. You'see I've got my own domain again now, but haven't had much time to do anything with it and won't until after the show.

http://www.mikeysdream.com/images/japanese_girl_head.jpg

Great it works for me. You should be able to zoom in.

Mikey

Spyderbabe
05-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Very commanding!
I think the wisps of bangs need to be softened.

Mikey
05-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks Kathleen, I've done that now. Hey, I always wondered what bangs were. It a term that doesn't seem to be used here.

Mikey

Anita Murphy
05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Where did "Bangs" come from??????? Bizarre expression!
Mikey super stuff as per the norm. Your work is always so inspiring. Your skin tones are wonderful.

Mikey
05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Many thanks Anita. I humped China Awakes and this one over to the Gallery for an eyes on opinion. So China Awakes has had a few touch ups and goes in. I'm having to be ruthless with myself.

I have my photo taken by the paper tomorrow.

Mikey

Spyderbabe
05-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Smile for the camera!
Can we see the newspaper online? If not, you must post lots of pics.

Heres more than you ever wanted to know about 'bangs':
"Bang" or "bangs" is not a recently developed word, it appears in the written English language in the 16th century and originated in Old Norse centuries before. It was not initially used in connection with a front fringe of hair, however, until the 1870s. The term "bangs," but not the style appears to have originated in Ameica. HBC is not sure yet, however, just why it was adopted. One source said it was adopted from the adverviable usage of "bang" describing the clipping or bobing of a horse's tail straight accross. Such horse's were called "bangtails" and "bobtails". The term is also used in Britain, but "fringe" appears more common. We are not sure, however, just what term is used in many other countries. The Dutch refer to it as a "pagekopje" (page boy cut). The Germans use "pony" or "ponies" terms of course derived from English.

Mikey
05-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Kathleen, now there's some things I didn't know, although the page boy hair style was known some years back. I wouldn't know much about these days though.

Yes, I'll show what I can and take my own photos on the private view night. I can also buy prints of the photos off them.

Mikey

Mikey
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
I dropped in to one of the local papers where I had a good talk with a reporter about the show and my work. He arranged for the photo shoot this morning, which went well. When I got home another reporter rang me for another longish chat. That seem to be an unusual amount of interest, so I'm hopeful.

Mikey

Gilberte
05-21-2005, 02:12 AM
I dropped in to one of the local papers where I had a good talk with a reporter about the show and my work. He arranged for the photo shoot this morning, which went well. When I got home another reporter rang me for another longish chat. That seem to be an unusual amount of interest, so I'm hopeful.

Mikey

That's good news Mikey :clap:

Mikey
05-21-2005, 03:59 PM
That's good news Mikey :clap:

Thanks Gilberte. I suppose it depends on how much space they have next week.

Mikey