PDA

View Full Version : abstract figure progress

mjkohler
12-24-2001, 03:55 AM
:) I'm getting there however I am having trouble with the leg on the left hand side. I dont want to take it off the page. mjk

mame
12-26-2001, 08:59 AM
You can call me mama.

Think you're gonna have to take the leg to the edge or change the angle. Your eye is already telling you it is not in proportion as is.

Could angle it a bit more vertically and overlap the other leg (overlapping is a good thing!)

Ps. A simple rule of thumb - thigh 1 and 1/2 to 2 heads in length.
same for calf. Not "science" but it works visually.

You can use the " a figure is about 8 heads high as a general rule of thumb.

mjkohler
12-26-2001, 04:04 PM
:D thank you for that mame. I'll rework back into it. (I think my motto with painting must be work it till the canvas wears through - or something like that.)

kelly
12-26-2001, 04:13 PM
Like your colors.

mjkohler
12-26-2001, 07:46 PM
:) okay, I've posted this over in the critique forum also with a call out for photo shop genuis help. However if you have any suggestion also it would help. I've tried a readjustment of the leg. It's not quite there yet. Can you help please. mjk

mjkohler
12-27-2001, 01:19 AM
:) okay, I changed the left leg and hopefully it is looking more in proportion. Funny thing is when you change one thing it alters the mood and you change a lot more. Right hand side needs to be worked on still. (:o I may still have ot change the right leg.) mjk

mansuri
12-27-2001, 06:48 PM
Hi

I do not know a hell of a lot about proportion but I can tell you the first painting looks a lot "correct" visually than the other two. Sorry if that does not help a lot but I wanted to give you an honest visual report. I think the painting is awesome. Great use of color and definition.

FM

mjkohler
12-30-2001, 06:47 AM
:D :clap: yeh!! I finished it, I'm content with it. I will not change it. My restless spirit has been tamed. :D :D mjk

owens1299
01-04-2002, 10:22 AM
I think this looks great!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: