PDA

View Full Version : My tools on roadside in California

DFGray
12-23-2001, 02:59 PM
Hi
my working tools ...portable easle, tv tray and drawing board hinged so that it carries papers then finished works,
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2001/Picture_505sm.JPG
the drawing board is made from doorskin the inside exactly the size of canson paper so no movement when finished pastel is put inside.
regards
Dan
ps.. the strap on ground holds tv tray (folded) to drawing board and pastels are in backpack in car so all is portable but when carrying easle in hand and the pack and drawing board on back it feels like I'm back in Vietnam but with a more positive results.

snakum
12-23-2001, 10:47 PM
That's a way cool setup, and it'd go nicely with my super-compact pastel storage method. My younger brother, also a sketch artist, is a woodworking fool and I'll bet he could whip me one out with a couple custom goodies on it. Any chance of getting a more detailed description or maybe a drawing/plan? I have an Engineering degree but I couldn't engineer my way out of a wet paper sack with a machete. Maybe that's why I'm in software now :).

Vietnam? Pastels? I used to bug my old First Sergeant in Fort Hood for war stories ... I never thought to ask about pastel painting. Ya' live and learn ... then die and forget it all.

Sgt. Snakum

'Old grunts never die ... they just smell that way.'

sandge
12-25-2001, 12:18 AM
Great to see your set up, Dan! Do you have any special tips for coping in windy weather?

Thanks for sharing. :)