PDA

View Full Version : abstract figure (very)

mjkohler
12-22-2001, 11:54 PM
:( Hi, I've also posted this in the critique forum.

Today I did not feel too inspired, nevertheless I still need to paint when uninspired and indeed from past experience it can be amazing what can come out of such conditions.

Can you help me out here. Regards mjk

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 03:55 AM
:D I have pulled the figure out a little more. Sometimes I struggle between traditional and abstraction as I have learnt it and end up going nowhere. I have pulled this picture out a little now. mjk

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 07:48 AM
:o okay I guess I ended up traditional here. mjk

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 07:51 AM
oops!

reynolds
12-23-2001, 09:22 AM
i like this one, many of the colors echo nicely throughout, goodness cannot wait to see you inspired:clap: :clap:
cause this looks greatly inspired to me.

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 03:34 PM
:) why thank you reynolds that is very kind of you to say. Its just the sort of comment I need this morning to as I was up to the wee hours last night. mjk

reynolds
12-23-2001, 03:44 PM
glad to be of service, i see that the colors are more pure in this one. i think for me that will be the challenge in the abstract world so it is hopeful to see how fast you are learning.

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 04:08 PM
reynold:) my poor tired brain is translating what you just said. Do you basically mean that is is encouraging that the colours are getting brighter. :D mjk

reynolds
12-23-2001, 04:16 PM
i guess what my sinisitus brain is saying is that the last one you posted before this had lost some purity in its color IMHO this time that did not happen. i took that as progress in that i am a fan of intense color but there are others who remarked that they like those spots that were less distinct. my taste is just my taste, not to be mistaken with anything else, especially a deep knowledge of the technicalities of abstract work. it sounds as though the birth of this one was tiring.

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 04:54 PM
:) yes colour is subjective, There were originally a lot of darks in the picture as I used a drawing that had been done on black paper as my starting point and let the painting evolve from there. mjk

reynolds
12-23-2001, 05:00 PM
wow so this was the beginnings, what an amazing start and a miraculous finish. do you think that starting with black behind influenced the work?:clap:

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 05:15 PM
:) yes, a rather token gesture though thinking about what was on my mind at the time. Many years ago when I lived in L.A., I spent many christmasses by myself. I remember being very grumpy one year and going into a shop. The shopkeeper an immigrant, looked at me and my attitude and said very wisely, 'yes it is xmas and the holiday times that are the worst.' With my children up at there fathers I was allowing myself to express some of that blackness. However fighting against that was the colour and light. I think that as I do not want blackness to prevail the picture will evolve. However I do not wish it to turn into something pretty. As pretty and cute are not what I want to be. mjk

mjkohler
12-24-2001, 03:36 AM
:) ok I think that I am getting near the end with this. Any comments. mjk

reynolds
12-24-2001, 03:57 AM
nothing new is here as far as a new post but thanks for your sharing about the dark and the light, i love the metaphors to be found in art. i look forward to the upload and honor your choices of not wanting pretty and cute, i can relate...

mjkohler
12-24-2001, 04:30 AM
:o I created a new thread as this one took forever to load on to my screen. though it may just have been a lot of traffic at the time. mjk:)