PDA

View Full Version : Floating Head, please tell me what youthink?

baquitania
12-22-2001, 04:31 PM
Hi this is just a quick 5 minute doodle... I used a permanent marker to draw the black line and some watercolor to fill the spaces, the black background was thrown in for effect... but the reason I am asking is because this is all done on some low quality printer paper I have. It just happens to have a super glossy finish... and I was kind of enjoying the hybrid effects I could get without using hot press paper, illustration board or something equally heavy... has anyone ever tried this?

mjkohler
12-23-2001, 08:07 PM
:) Hi, I think that this has some brilliant elements to it.
I love the water colour.

I think that the black line is a bit too heavy and angular for the watercolour. But not to worry, I would just simply work into the black line and soften and fade it out in places.

The plain black is another creative element however to me it leaves the picture unfinished. Its like a black fog that you have to get through to get to the picture. Keep it there by all means, but study its shape. Perhaps soften its graduation. Work into it. Maybe some very fine lines incorporating the watercolour colours.
I would love to see how this looks again. mjk

tammy
12-23-2001, 09:58 PM
I think its wonderful. I like the black too but it does seem a bit overpowering.

sherville
12-24-2001, 03:57 AM
Nice work, Bobby! I love that subtle watercolour wash.
I used to use printer paper to draw on all the time, but that was mainly because I was so afraid of ruining any expensive paper :D I don't use it anymore because loose sheets get lost. I kinda liked the slippery surface though, helps keep your drawing really loose, I find. Don't ya think?

Jan-Michael
12-24-2001, 06:59 PM
personally I like the contrast of gentle watercolour and the sharp dark lines... think you should work with this more... not this image mean more of them...and combine the two... great idea...

mjkohler
12-24-2001, 07:36 PM
:) me again, yes I too liked the contrast immensly. Please dont take my previous message to mean that I didn't. I felt it was a very creative picture and wanted to play with it some more. When I learn photoshop look out. mjk :D

merry xmas

Javier
01-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Good contrast is what helps the viewer -- you have done an excellent job here with this piece.