PDA

View Full Version : Christmas wish

Yielding
12-22-2001, 09:30 AM
What would be one thing you don't have regarding tools that you want for Christmas?

I for one would like a fancy belt sander on a stand.

sandge
12-23-2001, 11:58 AM
I'd like a kiln.

And a nice big workshop to put it in.

And a constantly available technician to help me work it. :D

tritium_pie
12-23-2001, 03:40 PM
I'm with you Sandra on the bigger workshop.

and a CNC milling or punch machine, but I don't think Santa will ever deliver one of those, no matter how good I've been all year

B

ZOTMA
12-23-2001, 04:19 PM
beefy new Dremel with ALL the bits

max nelson
12-23-2001, 09:27 PM
Yielding..you're goin ta hate me..guess what I just got? Yep, 6" belt, 12" disc Grizzley. Busted a gut getting it outta the box..155 lbs. :D
Max

jhusel
12-23-2001, 10:37 PM
Hey Max, you are going to love that thing. I got one last year for Christmas and I don't know how I got along without it.

This year I got a tile/stone cutting table saw, mortising chisel attachment for my drill press and some odds and ends. I hope to get a few more tools on Christmas from my folks.

After about 10 years of asking for tools for my birthday and Christmas, I have gotten some cool stuff. All I need now is a bigger place for them!!!

Good luck everyone! :)

jason

MKathleen
12-27-2001, 09:30 AM
As I'm just starting out learning about clay a fully stocked studio would be my wish. As that won't happen in my life time I'll settle for sculpting tools and an electric kiln for the garage.

Best,
Kathy:D

Yielding
12-28-2001, 06:55 PM
ooh Max your killing me :)- but I am glad at least one person from this forum got a new one. Enjoy it! Now I will think of you every time I window shop for one.

Yielding

Phyllis Rennie
12-28-2001, 08:31 PM
Gotta' start somewhere.........so Santa brought me a box of air dry clay and a set of boxwood shapers.

MKathleen
12-28-2001, 11:28 PM
Phyllis, I just finished reading your reply have you used air dry clay before? I just got some too!
What are your thoughts about it?
Max and some of the others on this forum have been really helpful to this clay newbie..........

Best,
Kathy:D

yogi
12-30-2001, 01:13 PM
I'd like a workshop. At this point, I am limited to sculptures that will fit between the edge of the table and my computer keyboard (6"x13" space). :) I'd use the dining table, but people in this house tend to think they need to eat! Sheesh! :p

diane555
12-31-2001, 10:49 AM
I am afraid I am a little late for this one but what the hey....I think I have to go with Sandra on the kiln. I got everything else before Christmas! The studio, the clays, tools, pewter melting pot, etc. etc. digital cam .....Okay, so I am spoiled :D

Happy Holidays to all!
Di :)

jhusel
12-31-2001, 12:34 PM
I got a couple of new tools that is always fun to get. I'll post more later on them.

Did everyone get cool art stuff for Christmas?

Jason

Yielding
01-01-2002, 11:54 AM
No tools, but some great computer games and clothes.

If I were now moving I would more than likely have received some tools, o well.