PDA

View Full Version : abstract

mjkohler
12-21-2001, 10:43 PM
:) Hi, here is a painting taht came out of the blue. I started painting it and when I felt/knew that it was finished I stopped.

I showed it to a extremely experienced abstract artist friend of mine (about 50 years experience). She told me it was a good start.

I think I need to evolve more before I can add on to this. What are your thoughts?:) mjk

colorme
12-21-2001, 11:20 PM
omg this is excellent, :)..I really like this, reminds me of shattered tile or glass.

canvasishome
12-21-2001, 11:45 PM
This is wonderful. I hope you do (and show) more.

I bet it was fun!

Best wishes.

-dk-

reynolds
12-21-2001, 11:48 PM
first off, i am not extremely experienced but i will try to tell you what i like and why.
i like the outer part of the picture a lot. there are great color combinations, brushstrokes of various sizes and textures, and colors that in a single brushstroke run from dark to light. these are all things that are a delight to both my eye and soul.
the place in my inexperienced opinion that needs a tad bit more strength is the center. my sense of you and your work is that when you decide to go back to this, you will know what it is that it needs or in fact it needs anything at all.
so that is my humble opinion and please take what you like and leave the rest;)

mjkohler
12-22-2001, 12:44 AM
:D Thank you all for your replies. Abstraction is something that I need to try more of. It was explained to me by my abstract friend as talking another language. I thought that I would like to try being bilingual. The thing about being bilingual is that for your skill to grow you really need to be talking to someone else in the same language. :) mjk

reynolds
12-22-2001, 12:48 AM
i need to expand my vocabulary as well so thanks for the opportunity to learn more.

mjkohler
12-22-2001, 02:02 AM
I might just see if I can try an abstracted semi abstract tonight. This forum is sort of inspirational. mjk

kelly
12-22-2001, 10:29 AM
I like it...lots of palpable energy there.

MKathleen
12-22-2001, 06:33 PM
Hi mjk:

This is very exciting it dances with wonderful color.

Best,
Kathy

Tony Perrotta
12-22-2001, 06:42 PM
Hi MJ, I like it alot, nice colors nice neg space. I am also experimenting in this type of work and enjoy it alot. How big, and what med. did you use.

Good job Tony

mjkohler
12-22-2001, 07:39 PM
:) Hi folks, thank you for your feedback, the medium is oil, its approx 20inches across and 15 inches deep. mjk