PDA

View Full Version : Foolish hope?

sassybird
12-21-2001, 04:39 PM
As many of you know I have patiently been waiting for a press my husband ordered as an anniversary gift to me. It has been six months since the order was placed and paid for in full. During that time we have both emailed and called asking for an update on the press. I finally had enough, and after sending another email received this in my inbox this morning.

Mrs Thomas,

We sincerely apologize for the lateness of your press. We are planning to crate and ship the machine to you via ABF Freight this coming week. To compensate you for some of the inconvenience caused by the delay in getting the machine to you, we will be sending a set of etching felts valued at $100.00 as a gift to you from us. 48 hours after we ship the press I will call you with the pro number and the phone number of the local terminal that will be delivering the press to you. Again, we apologize for the delay!

Sincerely yours,
Jody Terrazas

arlene
12-21-2001, 06:53 PM
let's see if it goes out next week! got my fingers crossed.

Gisela
12-21-2001, 08:57 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! ;)

Gis

paintfool
12-27-2001, 02:59 AM
wow Sass! Six months??? You've been much more tolerant than i would have been! Here's hoping for the best!
Cheryl

Leaflin
01-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Sass :)
You really have been waiting a long time for this.
I remember when you ordered it.
I bet all of WetCanvas will hear your joy when it arrives.

Hope it is here soon :)

sassybird
01-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Griffin called me on Wed of this past week and told me they were crating the press up and shipping it on Thru. They were supposed to have emailed me the shipping info, but here it is Sat and nothing has appeared in my inbox. I swear if they have lied to me again I am going after them. Today it is 7 months since the press was ordered and paid for. Darrell Duchene has already chewed me out for giving them all the money up front. I really am smarter than that, folks.........lol And fortunately I do learn my lessons well.

chris 97
01-12-2002, 11:35 PM
i know this purchase was several thousnd $, have you threatened them with the better business bureau, or actually written the BBB...........usually a threat to do so makes people sit up and get with it, only once have i actually had to write the BBB and i got my purchase immediately after, and a note from the company telling me how appalled they were that i would complain to the BBB over a small item........but i got action!(they had ignored my BBB threats, big surprise to them that i actually followed thru..........hahhahahahaha to them!) you bet i would have had a lot to say about such a big ticket item. you must have the patience of job! hope the press arrives soon, OR ALREADY HAS ARRIVED!

sassybird
01-13-2002, 03:06 AM
chris, I have had the BBB in the back of my mind as a last ditch threat. I don't know much about the BBB except that you can check to see if someplace has had complaints about them. Does the BBB contact a company when a complaint is made?

Tony Perrotta
01-15-2002, 07:27 AM
Hi Sas, Don't you love doing business with some of these people out there, it's unbelievable. I don't know what took you so long to stars complaining. I would have been on them after 8wk.,and gotten a refund and went elsewhere with my business. I would start the process now either refund the money of come up with the product. It can't hurt to call the BBB and complain,maybee they can help you now. I would not wait one more day.

Good Luck, Tony