PDA

View Full Version : halp halp

Bevahlee
04-27-2005, 10:27 AM
last in the series of the 23rd psalm. and this is a beginning, but input needed here. Do I add the red circles or shapes?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Apr-2005/54805-valley_of_the_shadow_009.jpg

FriendCarol
04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Hmmm. This is probably contrary to the way you work, but for me, this evokes sunlight on a small tree in something like a chasm, so I would work to strengthen the sense of sunlight in another area, somewhere off to the right and much lower, I think. There's already a very bright highlight on the green, so not there, and some of those textures and edges look delish; wouldn't want to disturb those... So I'm not sure where I'd try to tuck in that warm yellow, but that's what I'd do. I guess that means I wouldn't add red, myself, but that doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do! (Am I helpful or what!?! heheheh)

Is this the 'valley of the shadow?'

Maybe I'd lay a small, mostly horizontal bit just at the bottom of the vertical greens, above the textural play of the greens and blues. Maybe just a small spot, and others, very small, on the dark floor. Try in PC first! No charging

Bevahlee
04-27-2005, 11:54 AM
thanks Carol...why didn't you remind me about charging ahead before I charged ahead. lol. I did add more shafts of light and I did add some red, but not circles...but I can't shoot it right now because I"m having to recharge (speaking of charging) my camera batteries. This is going to be the last part of the verse...surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. I just had it filed in a file folder called in the shadow of the valley. duh. Anyway, I'm not planning to paint "goodness and mercy" lol. Just the house of the Lord and maybe "forever." ;-) hahahahaha.

Theresa1021
04-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I'd love to see this with the red added,I'm curious as to what it looks like now?? Purdy please!!!!!!

Bevahlee
05-01-2005, 02:31 PM
right now it's a white gessoed panel again. lol back to square one. I'm going to kill or cure it this week because the show is Saturday. These (23rd psalm ptgs) have to go to Little Rock by then so it's now or never. Ive been gone on a mini vacation to the Ozarks and just got back. So we'll see if I got refreshed or lost it all. ;-)

Spyderbabe
05-03-2005, 04:06 PM
? well which was it???

Bevahlee
05-03-2005, 04:29 PM
? well which was it???
Neither; I neither cured it nor killed it. I made a new painting out of it that won't work for the category. lol. So I started another one. I'll shoot the one I turned it into (which is unfinished) and the one I've just begun.

Spyderbabe
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
dont you just love it.. an artist has so much POWER! I make trees appear and disappear and all kinds of things change form. :D

Bevahlee
05-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah I love the powah, when I have it...it's when I feel like a clueless clod that it's not so much fun. lol. Here's the one I turned it into.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2005/54805-trading_007.jpg

and here's the one I've just barely started

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2005/54805-trading_008.jpg

Bevahlee
05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Ya know, come to look at it, it might just be made to look like paradise, huh?

Spyderbabe
05-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Green is regarded by many as a sacred color.... this combo of green and gold is perfect for the psalm...goodness and mercy abounds

The one you just started is very strong already.

Bevahlee
05-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Think I'LL Just call this one Goodness and Mercy and move on. lol. Now I have to deliver three artists' paintings to the show on Sattidy. Show isn't until sometime in June though. But at least this is ahind me. :-)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2005/54805-goodness_and_mercy.jpg

Spyderbabe
05-05-2005, 11:35 AM
How big is this one Bev? (I see a pear shape butt sitting on a bench on the lower right. :evil: ) but I do love it.