PDA

View Full Version : Bubblegum

Thumper
12-20-2001, 10:03 PM
Here's a four color linoleum print- my first time using multiple colors. . . there's so much I would change if I could do it over again. But since I can't. . .
This is one of the bad prints, all the good ones are at school and who knows when I'll get those back, so I thought I'd go ahead and post this one. One of the biggest things I would have changed is the color of the bubble. I would have kept it the light pink. C'est la vie.
Joc

sassybird
12-21-2001, 12:37 AM
Your cut marks are very nice. I always try to follow somewhat of a plan in my cutting. A lot of people say that is silly since what I cut away does not show up in the print. That isn't always so, and sometimes when a cut away area picks up some ink it can lend an added quality that you didn't quite expect.

Did you use the reduction technique when you did your printing?

People are hard to portray with lino print, but you have succeeded well here. I have only ever seen a half dozen or so lino portraits that I felt hit the mark for my senses. Good job:clap: :clap:

Thumper
12-21-2001, 11:26 AM
Yes I did use reduction. . .which is why there was no going back to change anything ;)
Joc

Leaflin
01-11-2002, 07:34 PM
I really like the effect of the directions of your lines.
I have never done a lino print and am hoping to pick up some poitners