PDA

View Full Version : new version He Maketh me to LIe down

Bevahlee
04-24-2005, 10:36 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2005/54805-irisinApril_012.jpg

wasn't happy with the original version...nor the redos all the way along. I like this better. Still feel I may need something behind her head

trudette
04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
I like it a lot , it attracks like a magnet and has a very relaxing feel to it .
You could try to paint some green behind her head , that might just do the trick.
Love to see more of these works.
:wave:
trudette

Bevahlee
04-25-2005, 12:43 PM
okay, this is weird, because that's what I thought too (the green behind her head and I was SURE this was the latest shot, but it's not...let me dig in my hard drive and see where'na world the latest version IS. lol GMTA though

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Apr-2005/54805-paintingapril_003.jpg

Mikey
04-26-2005, 11:46 AM
A great improvement Bev and much more of a painting.

Mikey

Bevahlee
04-26-2005, 11:49 AM
thank you Mikey. we had to write a statement about the work and I wrote this:
. (I Rest in His Serenity) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; a field of flowers and clover perhaps. A pool of water. I made ripples to show a still pool, perhaps disturbed by a tossed flower or pebble, or perhaps a lamb drinking from it. Troubled waters show no calm ripples. I elongated and simplified the head because I felt this conveyed a more peaceful shape. Most of this is collage. I used an old pattern because the paper is delicate. I intended to give a feeling of serenity. There is a face within the face. I'll have to shoot a closeup for you to see it (giving a sense of an inner spirit. (I hope)

gurleygirl
04-27-2005, 09:48 AM
This is really cool!! :clap:
Tracey

Theresa1021
04-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Wow I'm a fan of your work it's all so nicely done! Love this one too!!!

Bevahlee
05-15-2005, 10:04 PM
so if anyone would like to see the outcome it's at www.mustardtreearts.com
click on "preview artwork"

sadly, there were some really wonderful paintings in the competition that never got chosen, but they chose paintings that were mostly Sunday School looking stuff.
and as you can see, some of it looks like paint by number work. But you never know ..these are going to be purchase awards and will be hanging in the church, so that might have told us something. lol. The ones you see are the "ten top" chosen. There are about 250 ptgs in the show.

Spyderbabe
05-16-2005, 12:07 PM
I was happy to see "I Rest in His Presence" among the selected. :clap:
There sure are a lot of talented artists in Arkansas.

LisaArt
05-17-2005, 05:23 AM
Hi Bev, This is my fav of yours! Love it! Beautiful play of shapes and colours!

Bevahlee
05-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Hey Lisa, thanks...in the final version (see the website) you'll see how right you were. Just what I did. lol. Oh wait, that's in the other thread. where am I. lol.

laketrees
05-17-2005, 08:15 AM
I think your final version is excellent...and best of luck with the judging...I think your painting would really be a contemporary bonus for the church...
cheers kim