PDA

View Full Version : Ludwig Snare

Muffin_4377
04-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Well I've been working on this piece for awhile now....I snagged the ref from a Jan WDE hosted by theIsland.....it's a piece for hubby's office, for now, until we have a musicroom to put it in......I think I'm finished, but need more eyes.....*blink blink...
Does anything look off.....?

"By the Light of the Stage, Ludwig Snare"
16"x23"
W&N, & Terry Ludwig's (HA....his pastels and it's a ludwig snare, just noticed that!!) Conte pastel pencils on Black Strathmore
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2005/36417-HPIM2111a.JPG

I think I'm gonna continue with a series of instruments done in this style.

IndigoRed
04-15-2005, 01:29 PM
WOW!!! Muffin , this is awesome!!! It turned out perfect......you did one hellava job lady! Congrats on finally finishing it ;) lol

Sorry havent been in chat much lately , going through some stuff.....not even suppose to be on here but couldnt help myself from saying how WONDERFUL this is, Love the title too, it fits!

Steph

Trilby
04-15-2005, 01:36 PM
I love this. Love the colors, love the reflections, love the black background, love the composition. Just love it. This is great.
TJ

Muffin_4377
04-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey Thanks steph.....!!! YA No kidding.....FINALLY!!! LOL

Ya we've been missing ya in chat..... :( ...Hopefully you can get back with us again soon. PM me if ya need to chat.. :)

x posted with ya TJ.....Thx so much.... :D

tURBOCAT
04-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Wonderful! My cup of tea on this!! :clap: :clap:

A series would be great and so glad to see this is a fairly large piece.

Johnnie

*Marina*
04-15-2005, 03:07 PM
It is great. My style of picture. Love pictures with a black background. I have done one as well. Thanks for your comments about my apple.
Greetings

meowmeow
04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Wonderful...yes, I agree that a series would be terrific. This one is super!

SAndy

aberration
04-15-2005, 03:37 PM
I love the way you've rendered the shiny metal parts here!
The only thing that might look at all off is the sticks... they look a little rough and flat compared to the drum underneath them, but that's only because the drum is so colorful and "finished" looking.

And I agree, instruments would be a great theme for a whole series in this style.

Beautiful.

Anita Murphy
04-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Stunning Muffin - way cool! Hope Hubby likes it!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Susan Borgas
04-15-2005, 07:39 PM
:cool: Muffin I can only eco all the good things that have already been said :clap: .

Cheers, Susan

Kristrotter
04-15-2005, 08:35 PM
I really like this--nice colors, and you really did a fantastic job on the reflective metal parts of the drum, and the light coming in---it looks perfect!

K Taylor-Green
04-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Super job, Dania!! A series is definitly called for.

Muffin_4377
04-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Thank you all for your uplifting comments!.... :wave:

Working so large allowed me to get in the details I needed in the metal....It's soooo much easier working this size...

DH Loves it....he helped me lots with it....I was having troubles with the hardware on the drum...He heard alot of "Honey....Is this bolt the right shape?" or " What is this "thingy's" purpose?"....I feel like I've taken percussion 101....lol :D

my own one nit was the sticks also.....Makes me feel better that i'm not the only one to see it...I'm wondering if adding a darker color to the backside of them may help....But I'm really pushing my limit on this paper.

Did I mention how much a struggled with this paper....Oh I HATE IT....lol...I will never do another serious piece on it...(actually when I bought it....months ago...I thought I had bought Canson... :( .) It just doesn't hold pastel very well.....at least for me.....all just MHO...HAHAHa Sandedpapers here I come!!!

Well thanks again......Now off to take some pics of hubby's guitars....

dragonlady
04-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Terrific piece, Dania - the metal effect on the drum is very good and the complementary blues and oranges work well. I also got this pic from that WDE meaning to paint it as I loved the composition and I still haven't got around to painting it - maybe one day.

Baggy
10-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Beautiful work Dania.........nicely composed. great colours...nice background,...thumbs up all the way!!

fiannah
10-09-2008, 10:13 PM
wow muffy, this is fabulous! great job!!! :clap:

GaryNorthants
10-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Nice work Muff. Love the colours you have crammed into this, it really pops off the page.
Gary

PainterMike
10-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Great subject, great work!!!!
Cool on the 'double Ludwig' thing too!
Mike

Paula Ford
10-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Great piece! Love the perspective.