PDA

View Full Version : Wondering...

kjsspot
12-18-2001, 10:49 AM
Hey ya'll. Currently I only put art on Ebay that I can do quickly, like in 1-2 hours since it only sells for $19-$35 and they seem to be selling rather well. Do you think it would be worth my while to occasionally list one of my higher priced paintings or sculptures? Or would this devalue the paintings I'm currently selling? Thoughts?

Sumafra
12-18-2001, 10:50 PM
I think it's an excellent idea. I have done this myself. Without success I might add, but why not, it will expose people to some of your better work. You never know when the right buyer will come along.

CarlyHardy
12-18-2001, 11:54 PM
I do this from time to time also. I've listed a few of my earlier acrylic paintings and sold them. They did okay in the auctions...getting more than my minimum...so I was happy. I've also listed a few with higher beginning bids and sold one for $300 this summer...

My idea is to keep selling the smaller watercolors (and occasionally I sell a larger watercolor, too) and establish a good client base. This really helps since bidders begin to notice one another fighting for the same artwork!! And I've gotten really good feedback from bidders to also view my website when they see that I have something on canvas to offer too.

carly

kjsspot
12-19-2001, 05:51 PM
Thanks Suzette and Carly. What about the drawings from my figure drawing class? Do you think those would sell on Ebay? Or would it put off people that are buying pretty flowers to see nudes in my listings? Thanks for the input!! =)

Carly, I've only had a few small skirmishes amonst my bidders so far. LoL I've only had three auctions with multiple bidders. One with four. That was cool. I mean, it didn't raise the price a ton, but it was fun to watch. hee hee I sure hope it continues and increases!! =D

Sumafra
12-20-2001, 12:29 AM
I think there's a market for anything on Ebay. I would certainly list them. YOu can try and see what happens. I think nudes generally do quite well on Ebay.

kjsspot
12-20-2001, 01:17 AM
Thanks Suzette!

CathyD
12-24-2001, 04:06 AM
KJ, occasionally I scan auctions to see what is selling, and I've noticed nudes usually have bids on them. eBay is such a broad spectrum of buyers that I think you can sell all types of art and appeal to someone out there. I think it is great to let your creativity flow freely and then put up the results on eBay and see what sells. Go for it and good luck!
Cathy
pure_art

CarlyHardy
12-25-2001, 08:22 PM
KJ, they say (whoever they are!) that "variety is the spice of life"! If someone sees your work and likes it, they will usually check out the other art that you have listed. Having a variety of subjects is a good way to interest a variety of audiences in your work.

I post different styles and subjects all the time and each one seems to broaden my client base.
carly