PDA

View Full Version : Living Room

Printmakerguy
04-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Got some proof prints pulled today after the art fair... This is the first one-

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2005/36273-roomWC.gif

Living Room
it is about 5 x 7. I posted a rubbing made from the block earlier, This is the first print. The proof is Daniel Smith waterbased ink on sulphite block printing paper, edition will be on better paper and with oilbased inks.

It is a view of my living room from kind of an odd prespective... Something different.

C & C welcome and appricated, as always!

-Andrew

antgeek
04-09-2005, 05:34 PM
andrew,
i love the bird's eye view of this one, and i'm feeling inspired to get working on my own blocks! thanks again! :clap:

Diane Cutter
04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Another fun piece, Andrew... I love the funky, odd angle and also the out-of-kilter steps and pictures and furniture. You've really been busy!

Diane

Printmakerguy
04-09-2005, 07:40 PM
This was a fun one... AND- It is actually of my living room!

You can see it here (http://www.agott.com/studio.html#anchor54720), on my NEW website, which is about 90% functional at this point...

Jetsam
04-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I really do enjoy this one. The perspective, the style of cutting, the whole package. It makes you look around the room to see what's there.. I suppose just like your guests would when walking into it and take a gander for the first time. Fun and different.

Carol

Ari Sutton
04-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Andrew,

Did you observe the room from this view? Mirrored ceiling? Trapeze? Very telling piece. :D

I like the distorted perspective. Reminds me of the art work in Rugrats.

Another good piece

DLevy
04-10-2005, 03:15 AM
This was a fun one... AND- It is actually of my living room!

You can see it here (http://www.agott.com/studio.html#anchor54720), on my NEW website, which is about 90% functional at this point...

It looks so much better then the rubbing, I like it very much. Shame it's not as colorful as the real one ;)
Your site is coming around very well too, how you manage all this in such short time is beyond me. Well Done :clap:

Danny

Printmakerguy
04-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all the compliments!

No, this isnt QUITE as colorful as the real thing, but that can be left to the imagination! I was thinking about doing a few with hand coloring, but I dont have much luck with that sometimes- So if it works, great. If not, oh well. I haven't done any coloring since I started painting with watercolors, so I would imagine that I will find it easier now...

sassybird
04-10-2005, 04:34 PM
You have outdone yourself, Andrew. I love the perspective in this. The detail is wonderful down to the woodgrain and the pictures on the wall.

Printmakerguy
04-10-2005, 09:00 PM
I liked this one a lot, too... It must be a pretty good rendering- everyone recognized it as my living room!!

printzessofthenorth
04-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Thought I had responded to this already...guess my post got lost in the cyber space Bermuda Triangle. :wink2: Wonderfully creative perspective. Very cool.

debbieryder

CBHutch
04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Love it, Andrew!! (By the way, your website is coming along well--I liked seeing the cabinets you did for you kitchen and it was very fun seeing photos of your living room to compare to your print!)

Cheryl

Diyart
08-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Hello
what a cool piece.. really something to explore
Martin

woodguy
08-13-2005, 01:55 AM
Well done, Andrew!! My only nit is that I can't see what fish you have in the aquarium ;) Jim

Printmakerguy
08-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Well done, Andrew!! My only nit is that I can't see what fish you have in the aquarium ;) Jim

Yeah, I know... I slacked on the detail there... :)