PDA

View Full Version : Signs that Spring has Sprung

cat1hat
04-06-2005, 10:26 PM
My dark green truck is now yellow from pollen. Carpenter bees drilling holes in my house faster than my 18 volt cordless can. My cat driving me crazy to go back out...only to come back in with hair hanging out of his mouth from another cat. :mad: Open the door to let the dog out and 3 moths fly in. Open the door to let the dog in and 3 moths fly in. Trying to save the life of a grasshopper AND save my house from the cat who is flying by leaps and bounds to catch it...only to pull its back legs off. :rolleyes: Frogs and lizards who come to the pond by the front door, you open the door, they come in. Then its all out war to catch them before the cat or the dog gets them.

One more, my cuckoo clock is off one hour.

But don't get me wrong. I love the spring and welcome it all. And you?

Cat

maryrose
04-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Mud season in New England!

Love that earthy smell on warm April afternoons...

....and wiping muddy paws several times a day :wink2:

tumteetum
04-07-2005, 05:17 AM
First hundreds of noisy and erm, active frogs in out pond. Now no frogs but enormous quantities of frog spawn in our pond.

Cat being generally weird.

Lawn growing at a bonkers rate but not dry enough to cut it!

(Although there is snow forecast today in the UK which isn't very spring like!)

beebluefern
04-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Rain...and rain, then beautiful days that only happen when you are stuck inside working.
Still light outside at 8PM.
Plum tree with the most glorious blooms that it brings you nearly to tears with it's beauty.
Saw a mosquito yesterday...August will be wicked with them!
Universally cats are crazy this time of year. (Gandolph is crazy all the year round so he doesn't count)
Waking up to chirping birds...lovely.
Spring smell always reminds me of my husband, we met in Spring, and how I miss him....but it's a good clean smell.
Yuck! pollen all over my car.
I love the colors, especially the different greens....amazing!

Pam :music:

wayfarer
04-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Every day it seems there is a new migrant returning. Saw our first heron of the season last night. Looks like the bluebirds are back too. The geese around the lake are starting to come back and are as loud as ever, settling their issues. The frogs are starting to call. Looking forward to these days of spring--before the mosquitoes return.

Chris

bjcpaints
04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
A. Robins on the lawn(except the shady areas that still have snow).
B. Took one storm window off yesterday just to open the window for awhile and smell the fresh air! Still can't take them all off yet or turn off the heater tape on the water pipes - too chancey before May.
C. Wearing a coat to work in the morning but not needing it at lunchtime (but usually needing it to wear home after 5pm).
D. Finally stopped having to wear my boots to work and then change into shoes!

Spring comes late in the Adirondacks but when it does, look out! The tineeny tiny black flies are horrendous! Its not unheard of for us to still have snow behind the house and in the woods in May. Can't wait to hear the "peepers" down at the pond - so peaceful on a quiet night.
Barbara

sandge
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Lambs! :D :D :D