PDA

View Full Version : Beginning a new piece, what will it become?

Bevahlee
04-06-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Apr-2005/54805-newpce.jpg

the kleenex stuck on the painting is put there to catch the drips. I don't want them to run too long. And the waxpaper is put over a piece of fabric. The wax paper helps it to adhere without the edges sticking out. :wave:

corfublue
04-07-2005, 12:56 AM
looks cool, follow your intuitinve vision.
Collage is fun, I tried some plaster. You can buy it at the drug store. It is the same stuff you get to make arm or leg casts. It normaly comes in a role of fabric but when you dip a cut fraction in warm water, it activates the plaster. Then you can cut it , smear it or shape it in any way on your canvase. It takes paint very well to (when it dires). it is lots of fun if you are looking for texture.
good start.
Valerie

Bevahlee
04-07-2005, 06:51 AM
Dick Blick has a product like that. You can get it in long rolls or sheets. Wonder if it's cheaper than the "medical" stuff. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I've used it and had forgotten about it. Might have to get some more. ;-)

Anita Murphy
04-07-2005, 09:35 AM
This is going to be another great picture. I have this large canvas just sitting in my dining room - maybe an abstract is what it needs!

Bevahlee
04-07-2005, 10:55 AM
update...whichaway is it going to go? lolhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Apr-2005/54805-WIP.jpg

Nuther WIP below

Spyderbabe
04-07-2005, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE}the kleenex stuck on the painting is put there to catch the drips. I don't want them to run too long. And the waxpaper is put over a piece of fabric. The wax paper helps it to adhere without the edges sticking out. [/QUOTE]

Bev -what glue/adhesive do you use?

Bevahlee
04-07-2005, 11:09 AM
I use Novaplex, which is a hard, fast=drying acrylic medium. It's very tough. You get it from Novacolor in California.

Spyderbabe
04-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks! I ordered some.
You'll have me back doing collage in no time!

Bevahlee
04-07-2005, 12:01 PM
image uploader isn't working for me. Anyway, here's another update.
Kathleen, you'll love Novaplex. When you get it try this. Coat a sheet of posterboard, file folder, or index paper with it. Do criss cross and random brush strokes. Let that dry, then paint that with some burnt sienna and um, maybe paynes grey or pthalo blue. A thin but not watered down coat. Let that dry, now wipe it back with a cloth dampened with alcohol. ooh, it makes very nice stuff for collage materials.

laketrees
04-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Very interesting to watch the process and progress here Bevahlee....
cheers kim

LisaArt
04-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Very interesting to watch the process and progress here Bevahlee....
cheers kim

I Bev, I agree with Kim, enjoying your wip! :wave:

pakc
04-12-2005, 02:05 AM
certainly did enjoy seeing your WIP..hope to get back here and see the finished result.

thanks for all the tips.

Bevahlee
04-12-2005, 07:53 AM
that's the one I"m going to work on today. Memphis, huh? I used to show there (with Lisa Kurtz) and another gallery (name eludes me now, but Peggy Pipkin was co-owner).