PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Drawing Event 8 April 2005

sundiver
04-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Join our host Cori for what looks to be a colorful Weekend Drawing Event!
Here's her invitation.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2005/47843-invite8apr.jpg

Calgary is pretty brown this time of year, so I decided to take you on an artistic journey instead. So let's take a spin on the colour wheel this weekend! I'm not going to give you too much insight into what that means until I post the images, but I guarantee there will be plenty of selection and a little something for everyone! :D

You regulars know how it goes...and I am hoping to see some new faces this weekend too...
• Please wait till I have posted all the photos to reply to the thread.
• You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials. For the next two hours, just go for it! Use any medium or style – it’s up to you……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in a new thread with your title, beginning with WDE and the date.
• Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.
• It’s fun to all participate at the same time but not always possible! Please join in whenever you can – you have the whole week!
• After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

I will post the images at 10am Mountain Standard Time on Friday, April 8.

To see what time that is where you are, please visit:
World Time Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=8&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=80)

See you then!

prestonsega
04-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Cori.....you know this color freak is going to be there! ;)

weckster
04-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Oh good! An early one again! It means I get Sat and Sun to try (I was away last week, though and missed a GOLDEN opportunity - looking forwards to lot of colour this weekend - I"m trying to stretch myself)

sundiver
04-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Btw, people who work exclusively in black and white need not avoid this event. :) Cori says she'll have something for you, and we are always free to interpret themes as we see fit anyway!

prestonsega
04-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Graphite and Charcoal are a real challenge to me....hmmm maybe I should get out of my comfort zone this weekend and try my hand at black and white in addition to a color entry. Have to see what my muse thinks! :D

Thanks again, Cori and Wendy! Lookin forward to it!

carolann goblirsch
04-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi, I've never tried to submit anything before so I'm really in the dark. I don"t know if I have all the instructions straight. After the pictures are posted I have 30 minmutes to pick a picture and a medium and two hours to complete the picture? Sounds like fun I would like to try. Thanks, Carolann Goblirsch

carolann goblirsch
04-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi, I've never tried to submit anything before so I'm really in the dark. I don"t know if I have all the instructions straight. After the pictures are posted I have 30 minmutes to pick a picture and a medium and two hours to complete the picture? Sounds like fun I would like to try. Thanks, Carolann Goblirsch

carolann goblirsch
04-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Hello, I'm not quite sure what to do with my attempt. So here it is. This was a double chalange. I am away from home with none of my supplies. I used the chaulk pastels I gave my grand daughter and computer printer paper. I'm not quite sure even how to send this (computer literate I am not). Thanks, Carolann Goblirschhttp://C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Desktop\landscape1.jpeg

Jacquicm
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
ok.. if i am not mistaken, the pics were to be posted a couple of hours ago... either that or my time difference calculation is totally warped..
i am at +4 GMT.. and i am off to bed.. :( so ... i guess i will be missing out on this one...

Kellis
04-10-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm missing something. Where are the pictures to choose from? It's not too late is it. Help! :confused:

Natalie NZ
04-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Just go down to ALL MEDIA ARTS EVENTS and it is in the first post WDE Images Posted Here..

Welcome and good luck.