PDA

View Full Version : Summer Days

JimW
04-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Got a new on on the easel. Acrylic. This is a color study for a 16x20 which is to be donated to our local "Project Graduation" fundraising project. Any C & C will be appreciated.

Jim Updegraff
04-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I’m pretty enthused about the foreground and the atmospheric perspective, but the darkness of the windows in the building bothers me. You might thing about greying them down a bit. Maybe you could try some ultramarine blue cut with raw or burnt umber. That way they wouldn’t look quite so much like burn holes in a blanket.

JimW
04-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks Jim..<<GRIN>> they DO look a bit out of sorts! I Was not too worried about it at this stage though ..... but on the painting I'll be doing later this problem will be corrected. I usually try to glaze the windows, etc. I'm really just trying out a color scheme on this small version. I tend to like pastel colors and unless I work them out first I find myself in trouble at times. Your advice is correct and very much appreciated!

beatrice13
04-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Hello - I'm new to Wet Canvas - just exploring a bit and stumbled on your painting. I love the way your pastels (peach from the sky) reflect on the grass. The whole scene is lovely, You've definately caught a quiet & soft moment. Very peaceful. I like it.
Regards,
Bea Elliott