PDA

View Full Version : comic page (caution***violent)

maha
12-15-2001, 05:02 PM
This was a page I made inspired by the movie Akira. This is one of two pages. I will try to post the other one if I can find it.

maha
12-15-2001, 05:04 PM
This is the second page.

Drakonius
12-16-2001, 03:15 AM
Awesome work! Is that in pencil still or inked with grey tones? Kinda hard to tell from this resolution.

BTW - did you like that movie Akira? The movie just left me confused, but it was interesting and I liked the animation a lot.

Keith Russell
12-16-2001, 08:23 PM
Greetings:

Yes, your drawings are very good, but the layouts leave a bit to be desired.

Check out what Todd MacFarlane did with Spawn , or what Frank Miller did in Sin City, or Elekta:" Assasain . The panels look too similar in size, and they all are perfectly horizontal.

I'd like to see one panel on each page given emphasis (made larger than the others) and make sure that the action in that panel is central to the action taking place on that page.

Pretty good work, could be (easily) developed into something really good.

Keith.

baquitania
12-20-2001, 03:41 PM
Maha:

I can see the animae influence here clearly, hence the big frames. Before you take the leap that Keith is suggesting you may wanna work on your details. Your expressions and anatomy are coming along nicely... but to draw with the likes of McFarlane and Miller, your knowledge of perspective and architecture will have to literally take leaps and bounds...

My advice would be to work up your camera angles, I can email you some pages which might help if you are interested...

Bobby

dnip24
12-28-2001, 10:15 PM
Awesome maha, good job:D :D :D :D