PDA

View Full Version : a balanced-unbalanced view

claudiastrader
04-02-2005, 07:03 PM
In laying out this painting, copying from the photo I am wondering if the large bowl in the center is distracting or helps unify the painting? Would there be a better object to place on the table then the large bowl? Is this painting too balanced with a lack of interest or is it interesting and creates a question in the viewers mind. Is it worth pursuing? Want to do something different and interesting for an art show. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Mikey
04-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi Claudia, I think that this is a brilliant photo. The big bowl is very meaningful to me as it seems to be an obstacle which is definitely not going to come between these people.

Mikey

claudiastrader
04-06-2005, 10:42 AM

claudiastrader
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM
In laying out this painting, copying from the photo I am wondering if the large bowl in the center is distracting or helps unify the painting? Would there be a better object to place on the table then the large bowl? Is this painting too balanced with a lack of interest or is it interesting and creates a question in the viewers mind. Is it worth pursuing? Want to do something different and interesting for an art show. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. What is a good title for this painting?

Anita Murphy
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I find this very interesting - I feel that the table and bowl are not so much of an obstacle between the people - the fact that they are leaning in towards each other takes that out. You are made to wonder a little about what is going on between them! I love a painting that makes me think about what is happening.
Not sure about a title.