PDA

View Full Version : Need Help narrowing a school down..

Apathy247
03-31-2005, 10:52 PM
I am working on an associates of fine arts degree at a community college right now. I have grown greatly attached to the art of drawing and would like to pursue this in a better college. Do you know of any schools that would be appropraite for this?

talkingbanana
04-02-2005, 02:18 AM
That's going to depend largely on where you are. People will be able to help, but a geographical region is a great place to start with that.

If you're wanting to transfer those credits you have to a four-year university for a BFA degree, your best bet is probably going to be in-state; in North Carolina, for example, credits from public community colleges transfer almost perfectly into public universities. Something to keep in mind. :)

scall0way
05-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Again, geography helps. :-)

I see you are in central NJ. I know my neighbor's daughter graduated from the art program at Montclair State, and thought it's program was pretty good. My sister took some art classes there also, and was impressed by them, but that was many years ago. :-)

Are you looking to stay at home and commute? Or are you thinking about relocating? Of course that opens a lot more possibilities!

Debbie

Xing
07-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Look in to the Rhode Island School of design. http://www.risd.edu

vin dolan
08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Atlanta College of Art has a major in drawing. Great School