PDA

View Full Version : I can't catch bugs fast enough!

pixelscapes
12-14-2001, 12:02 PM
It's been totally crazy lately -- I had my show in L.A.... on opening night, one of my insect sculptures sold. Well, the gallery just called me to say:
-- 3 are sold
-- Another customer wants a custom order
-- Send more artwork ASAP!

On top of that, there's a fellow who wants $500 of sculpture. "That translates to two pieces," I said, "Do you know what kind of specimens you're looking for, any preferences?". And he said, "Oh no, you're the artist, I'm sure you can figure it out." Mmmm, flexibilicious!

AND, a DJ in England wants to buy 5 slides for $100. He wants to project them during raves.

AND AND, I've had several other serious-sounding inquiries via email. Those discussions aren't far enough along for me to count them as sales per se... but... still.

So without further ado, I have to put on my bulletproof beekeeper's outfit, and go out with my chainmail butterfly net and catch some new specimens. ;) I'll use a pile of screws soaked in WD-40 as bait...

(In other words, I need to get more wire and more assorted nasty bits and more frames, since I used almost all of my supplies getting ready for the show.)

Did I mention I found a place that will gold-plate blades for me? :D

By the way -- my summary of the L.A. trip is in my journal. I still haven't posted photos though... no time to spare. I will ASAP though! http://www.beware-of-art.com/journal/

-=- Jen "MUAA HA HA HAHAAAA!" de la Cruz
http://www.beware-of-art.com

animal
12-18-2001, 09:12 PM
WAY TO GO Jen! Congratulations :D

TPS
12-19-2001, 01:10 AM
She came, she drilled, pierced and slashed her way into LA and now the collectors are rivetted by her bodacious bugs!!! Victory for the pixelated princess of prickly pins! Onward, onward oh great one!

You deserve all the sawbucks you get!! :D

pixelscapes
12-19-2001, 05:09 AM
Thanks, and thanks for replying. I was starting to wonder if anybody'd seen this thread. :)

And gee, TPS, you're only making matters worse by giving positive reinforcement to my ego trip! :evil: I approve highly of the puns however...

-=- Jen

Keith Russell
12-23-2001, 10:41 AM
Greetings:

Projecting slides of artwork during raves.

That is simply too cool!

Congrats!

Keith.

paintfool
12-23-2001, 10:45 AM
How very cool Jen! Sounds like you'll be pretty busy for a while! I always think of you when i see unusual bugs (which is often in Florida) ! :) Seriously i do! I saw a praying mantis on my window frame just a little bit ago and thought "wonder how Jen would do this guy?". It's always good to hear that my fellow artists are being so productive. Gold plated blades? Neat!
Cheryl

baquitania
12-23-2001, 02:05 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2001/snytis.gif ....weeeeeee wwwwwannntttt soooommmmee creeedddddittt tttttoooooo huuuummmmman.... orrrrrr weeeee'llllll callllll thhhheeeee rrrusssttt mmmonnnssster.... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2001/snytis.gif

Congrats Jen, rose queen has kept us updated in chat... we're all rooting for ya!!! :clap:

catjoe
12-23-2001, 02:31 PM
I too like to use bugs in my artwork. This year I was lucky to find a praying mantis that let me carry it around my yard and pose it on several of my flowers. I have a painting on my website that I did of another such mantis the previous year. I guess you can just call me a bug-lover.

llis
12-23-2001, 02:34 PM
Way to go, Jen!

The next thing you know the folks will be wanting some metal bug spray to play with at the raves. *snicker, grin*

diane555
01-01-2002, 09:07 AM
Congatulations on your recent success jen!!! :clap: I haven't been on here for a while and I am trying to catch up on the news. The trip was definitely a worthwhile adventure for you! Can't wait to see the gold plated creations. Way to go!!!!

Di :)

arlene
01-08-2002, 06:33 PM
geeze i can't believe i didn't offer my congrats on this...i must not be as sharp as i used to be...too many cobwebs upstairs?