03-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Buncha Oil on Canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2005/18021-Zillion_starz.jpg

Det:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2005/18021-zillion3.jpg

When you wish upon a star... :music:

scorpio32
03-29-2005, 01:52 AM
ok I may be crazy.....but I'm high in the canopy of a tree looking down on a lil bluebird singing along someone in a canoe on a silent river...yes? :D oh, what size?

Mirek Sledz
03-29-2005, 02:38 AM
ooooo...it's fantastic! What Seureat on it?? :p :D

El-Elegante
03-29-2005, 02:47 AM
you got the yellow green problem here.. damn tretcherous color it is... I tend to mix it wid a lil white.. then hit the hot spots later if I even can.

for some reason, the viscocity of most yellow pigments tends to be high.. therefore, you have to work around it.. either by setting it on a very light background, or going very thick in the application. you'll find the same problem with certain other minor colors, reds and purples... even a few greens. maybe an organge or two.. on the bright side, anticipating this and applying appropriate backing leads to an extra layer of depth in the work. It can also be done by hitting a hard hard contrast.. like black on yellow.

it'sALLart
03-29-2005, 08:33 AM
yellow green problem here.. I tend to mix it wid a lil white.. then hit the hot spots later if I even can.

hmm, interesting. i tend to stick some red in mine to keep it warm, else it will go green on me....

...but, what if Tam meant it to be chartreuse? it's possible.

themanda
03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
i hate painting with yellow. it kicks my butt each and every time. i like the idea of putting a bit of red into it, itsall. (you need a nickname...itz. zall. something...)

i like this very much tam. a riot of color, like cascarones.

it'sALLart
03-29-2005, 09:46 AM
(you need a nickname...itz. zall. something...)

uhmm, ya could just call me keith, i guess. :-)

Diane Cutter
03-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Well, I love the complementary/complimentary colors... Nice work, Tamana... What size are we looking at here?

Diane

laketrees
03-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi TAMANA......"STARRY...STARY......NIGHT...PAINT A PICTURE.....green and.... :music: :music:
cheers kim

chandlerjr
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Tam,
I really haven't been real fond of your paintings over the last 6 months (felt you were in a rut), but, obviously, you don't paint to please me. However, I really like this painting. It reminds me of all kinds of wild flowers all bunched together of different types that bloomed at the same time.

I really do like this painting! :)
Larry C.

bbbilly1326
03-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Buncha Oil on Canvas

whole buncha Spring on canvas...my favorite Spring colors, purple/pink and yellow...with a little girl running toward the Easter bunny...:D

I can't imagine how long it took you to put all those spots on ....much patience I'm sure. The small size of the spots make the world look huge. I really like it.

Lynxes123
03-31-2005, 03:43 AM
I see yellow forsythia bushes bursting in bloom as they are near where I live, very nice one Tam. :clap:

ArtistJensen
03-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Yes, this one is really talking to me - in a strange way.
The colors are yours but it's another style than what I've seen from you before. Actually I like this better than most of the other works of yours I've seen. That is a matter of personal preferences of course. It has nothing to do with some kind of universal truth. I really am not a master of universal truths. I can only tell what I like and not like, simple as that.

This a completely abstarct work with it's own abstract story. There are no sentimental stories, nothing representational to disturb the imagery. Just an abstract painting that is nothing than itself. It's not trying to mimic the "real" world in any way.

minimonkey
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Tam---

Gorgeous!!!!! Love it love it love it! Can I have it????

Tamana
03-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Thank you all so MUCH for sharing your time to respond.

Dave - Amazing!! I looke! It's there! ahhhh. You remember THIS then, don't you?! ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215497

I don't think any of us realize what we bring with us or how much it plays into what we do now...thanks MUCHLY for your words!

Mirek; thank you. :D :p

El -- It's not (and yet is) as contrasting. This thing will NOT phototgraph right. I'm learning THIS particular style of art will NOT (for me, anyway). I'm not certain if it's the deep color interchanges or what?! But these things just do NOT do well under the flourescent lighting that I normally use for the others. Took my latest back outside (the good old fashioned way) and it seems to have done much better.

Understand what you're referring to regarding the colors though, and both you and Keith are right regarding the integration of certain ones to lessen the charge (so to speak). However, for me, anyway, adding extreme dimension to a piece is easier accomplished by such directly contrasting measures. I don't think I know all the shortcuts/secrets you guys know yet--wouldn't hurt for ya to share, ya know? :cool:

...but, what if Tam meant it to be chartreuse? it's possible.

ANYTHIING that even has (or can be attributed to) the SLIGHTEST relation to France was my intention; yes--that was it!!! :D

Diane; Thank you, ma'yam. Sorry, keep forgetting about that size thingy. It's 20 x 16. I started with small books of various papers and began working my way up to larger when I transitioned from collages to painting. As I would finishe a book I would purchase the next larger size until I reached the canvas pad size, which is what I'm on now -- Looks like this is the largest book of canvas pad I'll be able to find -- I guess the next step is rolls (since I don't know how to make my own)!! I was one of those painters that couldn't start big (except with RARE exceptions)...now the smaller seems like I hardly have room. It's just what worked for me! :)

Amanda; I LOVE the cascarones reference and am glad you associated such with the painting!!

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim; :D Thank you!!

Larry; Don't think you've seen all my paintings, my friend!!! The last thing I've been in is a rut OR a consistent style!!! It's so strange though the various ranges of responses to each of them. Appreciate, as always, your honesty and that this one was an association of Spring for you. It's a beautiful season!

Bill; Ah, another for Spring!! So glad! These definitely take MUCH longer than the others; however, it's also a very different experience. Just working my way up to a HUGE one that I just feel I MUST do...I'm talking at least 8 x 10. Judging from the time frame on these small ones -- I figure it'll take months to complete (if not years). But man!! What a feeling when you do!!! Thanks for looking and saying.

Lyn! You're right!! They do! I saw an entire row of those on my way to work all week now!! They're so gorgeously brilliant. Thank you!

Jensen; You're one who likes my more abstracts than representational- however, I have some who prefer my representational so it's a toss up regarding responses!! I like both so I guess that's all that matters!! I like your description of it very much. :) Thanks for sharing that.

Again, thanks, everyone, for sharing time--it's a precious commodity and one well worth appreciating when shared.

Edit (oopsa--cross post) Tree fondler; Thank you!! How about I make you a SPECIAL one?! ;)