PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple more, I promise...

minimonkey
03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Finally have the time to do some posting. Sorry for the semi-flood of images!

Subway -- 54 x 54, acrylic on canvas (still not a very good photo)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2005/54614-subway.jpg

White noise 36 x 48, acrylic on canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2005/54614-white_noise.jpg

Partial Immersion (repost--better photo) 54 x 54, acrylic and texture med on canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Mar-2005/54614-immersion.jpg

d-head
03-28-2005, 02:05 PM
STOP IT. JUST STOP IT. You're gonna really need that elbow bandage. Really liked the second one. Like the third one, too. The first one may be suffering from photoanemia. It either seems a little muddled or blurred on the top 1/3, or not as defined and pleasing as other pieces. Such energy. Must be the coming of Spring that whipped you into a fury. Keep going!

minimonkey
03-28-2005, 02:36 PM
:p Definitely photoanemia -- this is actually one of my favorite pieces in person. I nearly didn't post it at all, as the photo is quite underwhelming. I've shot that darned thing about 6 times, and STILL can't get it to look right. :(

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, everything from my mid-back to my neck is pretty sore at the moment..... but I'm a woman obsessed :evil:

Mirek Sledz
03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I can't see photoanemia there - all three are great :wave: Althougnh in third one I don't see details in down half image (maybe it's because I have darken monitor :confused: )

Tamana
03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Promises promises :p

Your color interplay and patterning are always wonderful. That third one pulls me in beautifully. Love the depth and slow movement like a rising sun.

MountainSong
03-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow - Your sizes! Hard at work is almost an understatement!

While all three are wonderful the second one is most compelling - though I suspect it would be the first piece if the photo is off quite a bit. Photographing art is such a challenge ‘Grrrr…’

I often take upwards to 20 photos in various places outside in the shade. Usually about 5 will hit in the general vicinity of what the painting actually looks like. *L*

minimonkey
03-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah -- the photo of that first one is really not representative of the piece at all.

Did I mention that I am 5 feet tall if I stand up really straight???? Those big canvasses are a bit unwieldly for me to move around too much, but BOYEE are they fun to paint!!!!

sciartist
03-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Good stuff. The Second is my fav, but the first ain't far behind.

Even If It Rains
03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
All good minimonkey all good. I've been having a peek at your other posts even though I didn't comment. OoopS!
That first one I think is my favourite so far , it really grabs me. It seems to have a flow and harmony to it. I don't see a subway though. It has a wierd illusion of depth , definately something going on in there I like. Oh and the colours are even better IRL ? Ahh :)

Matt

bbbilly1326
03-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I like em all, but particularly 2 & 3. Those rectangular shapes don't look like your others the way 3 does, but I haven't seen that much of what you've done. Are they new for you?

They're all very cohesive, and dynamic too.