PDA

View Full Version : standing

flawless_bone
03-26-2005, 04:54 AM
In a way everything I wanted to express is in it, but of course there is this face issue... :o I would not mind leaving a figure faceless :evil: but this just doesnīt look finished. All critique is welcome!

laketrees
03-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I think the face suits the figure...if anything a little more definition on the mouth and chin...I like the eyes and nose....interesting work...
cheers kim

Mikey
03-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I aagre with Kim. A suggestion of mouth and chin, in keeping with the figure.

Mikey

flawless_bone
03-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks Kim and Mikey! First I tried the chin and mouth alone but messed up the whole face again, one time it was rather "naturalistic" but didnīt look good, it competed too much with the posture so it should be very much reduced and simple. I am still not happy with this one, maybe it should be more plastic like the big body?

laketrees
03-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi....I think you have achieved the definition...almost as if she is looking over her body ..down at you...I think it works..
cheers kim

Mikey
03-28-2005, 07:09 PM
I would now put some of that shadow back as it was. Keep the mouth, although maybe a little looser and begin to lose the right hand side (our left) of the face. Kind of halfway between what was and now is.

Mikey

flawless_bone
03-28-2005, 07:43 PM
thanks kim, hi mikey!
from the digital sketches I made from a deviant art stock photo I tried to keep the left side almost full shadow but I am just too clumsy, canīt get the right colors. But now mikey makes me, sigh, remember what should be mastered coz should be there...
thanks, Iīll keep on trying! Canīt be that hard, really.

Mikey
03-29-2005, 03:46 AM
If you can keep that brush loose with no detail and have the confidence to establish that contrast you'll hav a winner.

Mikey

flawless_bone
03-31-2005, 10:08 AM
phew. Maybe in a few years I can do it better. (insert tired smilie in bed here)

Mikey
03-31-2005, 02:22 PM
This is looking a lot better, but oh the pain of it. I know all about it myself, believe me. The contrast in the head now matches the body and so unifies the painting. Much better. Now if you can just put a little dark, like the right of her nose in her right eye socket, nearly losing the eye in shadow you will have it. You will see this in the photo reference.

So by way of encouragement, winners are those people who press through these tiresome problems, whilst the many accept things as good enough.

Mikey

flawless_bone
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
:( o.k, but for now I leave it as it is. I got so used to it now that I canīt see it anymore. I am still not happy with it but I remember fotos of stages of paintings I took that were much better than what I later did to it so I have to leave it alone now. A painting I do as a birthday present right now might give me a break. Thanks Mikey for encouraging me again and again! :wave: