PDA

View Full Version : Puttin' my monkey where my mouth is...

minimonkey
03-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Okay -- I've been critiquing a lot, and not posting any, so here are some new works

"Juncture: Heaven and Hell"

48 x 60, acrylic on canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2005/54614-Heaven__Hell.jpg

Circular Logic

36 x 36 acrylic on canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2005/54614-Circular_Logic.jpg

More to follow.... C&C welcome and appreciated.

it'sALLart
03-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow! these are both GREAT!!! and so diff. from each other....

the first looks like something from O'Keefe (i hate comparisons, but that's not a bad one, ok?).. i really like it very much, lots of movement, great depth, good design... everything is good about this. nice size too.

the second... well... wow. wondering if this is gold metallics? nice design here too and great textures... i'm impressed.

minimonkey
03-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Thank you so much! No metallics in these -- just regular ol' paint....

MountainSong
03-26-2005, 03:21 PM
The first one sent me caving again Mini though not as powerfully as the one in the other post – that one was almost realism to be where this is more of a dream memory of caves – beautiful movement and energy in it.

The second on hits the sweet spot in every way – those colors are so rich and powerful – I almost feel an artifact feel(of the royals variety) There’s a strong sense of dimensionality and other planes in this piece to me.
Been with this piece a while now – it’s riveting to me –can’t hardly tear myself away – I would soooo love to see this IRL. Amazing.
*four Mr. Clappies*

Mary Woodul
03-26-2005, 04:24 PM
The painterliness of your first one is just gorgeous. It has a smooth flow and the palette is soothing. Your second one is very interesting and very well executed.

Tamana
03-26-2005, 05:25 PM
You're definitely putting your monkey where your mouth is!! ;)

These are absolutely wonderful, branch clinger. Your use of color glows. That second one is phenomenal and symbolic to me in so many ways. Seems so circular in nature, which is reflective of our own cyclic ones.

So good to see you posting again.

d-head
03-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I agree. The first one is good Mini. The second one really grabs my attention. The palette, the shapes, the design. All terrific. This is my favorite of yours so far. I also liked both from your other post. The split canvas piece was nicely done, and the first one with the geo forms also seem accomplished, though not as compelling as the post here. I didn't find it stati'c. I do believe it's a challenge to translate energy and exuberance to the canvas when you're working within a fairly defined universe, like squares and rectangles. And EXCUSE ME to all the Rothko fans. The overall effect, though still please without generating an emotional outburst. WHat did I just say? Beats me.

sciartist
03-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Wow, the first is captivating, but the second one I would buy in an instant.

kasunart
03-27-2005, 12:57 AM
These are both outstanding, each in thier own way. While I can see where most people say they like the second one, I like the first one better. Not sure why, keep it up!

Lynxes123
03-27-2005, 03:54 AM
These are both great but that second one is just stunning pure gold, whew, I would love to have that hanging on my wall. :p

minimonkey
04-02-2005, 04:13 AM
this is really, really the last bump I'm going to do, and then I'm slipping away into invisibility again, until I get to borrow the good camera one more time....

Please don't revoke my membership for this!