PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help on pen technique

Cabal
12-13-2001, 03:52 AM
Ok so i'm experimenting with using ink pens and white out pens/ white acyrlic paint. i don't like to be stuck with something if i don't like it so i want to be able to white it out similar to scraping away unwanted oil paint. anyway has anyone else used a similar combination of mediums and if so can you tell me your process?

artdude
12-13-2001, 12:42 PM
Hi Cabal.
Well the only thing I can suggest is maybe using white ink. It's the only thing I have used so far to correct mistakes. It dries nice and even and is hard to detect. I like the white ink because it is the same density as the black and doesn't look out of place in the drawing. I found the "white out" to be a heavier texture so I didn't like using it. I use Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph tech pens and try to keep one pen filled with white ink for corrections. Well that's my 2 cents worth. Hope you find something that works for you :D

Cabal
12-13-2001, 04:40 PM
thanks alot! i'm going to look into trying that out.

artdude
12-13-2001, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Cabal
thanks alot! i'm going to look into trying that out.

Glad I could help out :) Let me know if you like using the white ink.

sassybird
12-16-2001, 11:40 AM
cabal, I agree with artdude. White ink is the best way I have found for correcting mistakes also. Mixed medium is a wonderful way to work if you set out to work that way to start with, but you don't want to use another medium just for corrections is you can help it. Also, it depends on the paper you are using, but I have found that I can lightly scraped ink away from some papers if I go at it carefully.

marilyn h
12-16-2001, 01:53 PM
My only experience with white out in pens is that they are dried up and clogged for everything I want to use it for. So I suggest you don't buy them. Waste of money!!!!