PDA

View Full Version : Nice Carnival WIP

LAartist
03-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Pastel 50cm x 65cm

Going to darken up the building and create more of a dusk affect ( I hope). And still have to finish up the woman in the foreground and, well touch ups and/or changes all over till I think it's more cohesive... My number one question is do you think it's too busy??? And #2, is the composition as bad as I think it is?

Could use any help you could give!

Thanks a million! :)

laketrees
03-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Hi LAartist.......to answer your questions...no and no....I think the composition is just right...however....I agree about the darkening of the building....
I think this is an unusual and festive work... :clap:
cheers kim

Anita Murphy
03-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I have no problem with this at all - you are leading the viewer into the crowd. Colours are great. Want to see the finished article!

LAartist
03-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks so much Kim and present for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

This is undergoing a major color change, might just ruin it in the process but oh well, it's fun to experiment.

C & C always welcomed. Thanks Again!

LAartist
03-23-2005, 12:24 PM
getting any better? :confused:

a long way to go still.

laketrees
03-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi LA....Yes I like the more sudued colours(but I also liked the richer ones too :confused: ...) hope I'm not confusing you???...the lady's face is incredible...very festive!! and the figure (on the float?) just great
cheers kim

Bevahlee
03-25-2005, 06:04 PM
getting any better? :confused:

a long way to go still.
aaahhhh, good ..you saw that the composition was split. Equal importance on the left, and both figures were on the same plane. You did right good. lol. Might pump up the contrast of the seated woman a bit to bring your eye right there. Nice color, nice originality.