PDA

View Full Version : Bull Dogs

Golden Kfir
03-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm doing this off of a pic. I'm using willow sticks and little general charcoal. I know I have some portion issues but I don't believe its too serious, I'm too far along. I believe it'll work. If you see anything obvious let me know before I get too deep.

The first pic is the reference I'm going off, the rest are stages.

Golden Kfir
03-22-2005, 05:55 PM
I took this into photo shop and enlarged one of the heads. I think it makes a huge difference. What to you think. I believe its a step in the right direction.

Bevahlee
03-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't fool with it any more. It's fresh and unpicky. I like it a lot. You simplified the values just right. It's good, and I don't say that unless I mean it. lol :evil:

Golden Kfir
03-27-2005, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't fool with it any more. It's fresh and unpicky. I like it a lot. You simplified the values just right. It's good, and I don't say that unless I mean it. lol :evil:

Thanks for the complement but It felt uneasy for me to quiet. Here is my latest. I feel that the bull dog on the top is allot more expressive with the larger face. I like the direction I'm going. I'll be done soon. I need to do some work around the eyes and mouths.

Golden Kfir
04-11-2005, 02:31 AM
I brought in allot more contrast. I believe this was necessary to establish the importance of the dogs. I used mainly willow stick but switched to little generals charcoal pencils once I felt the composition was complete they get allot darker then willow stick. Willow stick are a grey in compression.
Willow sticks will erase but little generals will not, if you make a dark line. I feel this is done I like it there are a few areas that may need work. Let me now if you see anything obvious, that I may need to correct. Thanks.

LisaArt
04-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Golden, Looks great! Like what you have done.. :wave: