PDA

View Full Version : Candle painting

Ticklesivory
12-12-2001, 09:20 AM
Howdy ya'll. This is my first official message. Brand spankin' new here. To get to the point -- I am always looking for new adventures in painting. Recently I have been painting on candles. Just finished a mess of them to give as Christmas gifts. I have discovered however, that the "candle painting medium" that is marketed for you to use is not really necessary. As long as I clean the candle surface with alcohol, the paint seems to adhere just fine. Black tends to want to creep a little, but the other colors appear to cling okay. I have used the medium and tried it without and really can't tell a difference. Anyone else out there tried candle painting?

TeAnne
12-13-2001, 09:24 AM
Welcome to WC Kris. :)
I have a friend who paints on anything that dosnt move :D I know she has painted on candles but not sure of her proceedure. I know she uses acrylic. Prolly also seals it first though.

tammy
12-15-2001, 11:37 PM
Is it dangerous to burn acrylic paint? Is that what you use? I'm just wondering. I thought that inhaling the fumes from cadiums were not good.

Ticklesivory
12-16-2001, 08:59 PM
You aren't actually supposed to burn decorative candles, are you?

tammy
12-16-2001, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Ticklesivory
You aren't actually supposed to burn decorative candles, are you?
LOL! I guess not. I must not have been thinking straight. I love to burn alot of candles.