View Full Version : PLAGUE & DEATH maybe

zardoz
03-17-2005, 06:06 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2005/36966-plague.JPG
Plague

4x5 w/sol oils on w/c paper monotypes
Death

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2005/36966-death.JPG

ok I tried . actually plague ain't too bad if you can see the little details but I will probably redo death ,just don't like it

printzessofthenorth
03-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Z,
Really like plague alot. Large impact. My read of the 2nd one is a bit confusing, the cross eyes (well, I think it is more the verticle lines below the crosses) almost have a clown effect, so my gut reaction is I want to laugh, but I immediately check that response, the same way I would check the urge to belch in church. If I let myself laugh I would fee very guilty, you know, because this is death we are talking about :rolleyes: sigh

Maybe I'm projecting, maybe this is truely how I respond to death...nervous laughter, stiffled so I don't ruffle its feathers :D Alright this is starting to sound like a therapy session. I'm outtie. :wave:

debbieryder

zardoz
03-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Z,
. My read of the 2nd one is a bit confusing, the cross eyes (well, I think it is more the verticle lines below the crosses) almost have a clown effect,
debbieryder

agree almost comepletely. it is not at all what I intended to do but other than the things you mentioned ,it just doesn't fit ,so I will redo it when time permits .

printzessofthenorth
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I will redo it when time permits .

goodie, I love your monotypes. Can't wait to see the redo. Don't get rid of this one though. I do like it, especially because of the response :evil: it elicits from me. heheheh

Maybe you just need to rename it? "Send out the clowns", perhaps? :evil: ;)

debbieryder

sassybird
03-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I think the first one has the most impact also. There is a desolate feel about it that goes well with the plague title. The second one I see as laughing in the face of death as if the person knows where they are going and are not afraid.

Diane Cutter
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
These are very powerful, Z... I prefer the first of the two... but both are very morbid, like the titles suggest! Good job...

Diane