PDA

View Full Version : New Abstract Work

peaceful
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi. This if from a new series of works by me . Untitled but would love comments and possible title thanks :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2005/23113-rileywingedcurvePETESTWISTNEWSmall.jpg

bbbilly1326
03-16-2005, 09:10 PM
If my monitor is registering correctly, I'm afraid this is not a happy combination of colors from my point of view, but the design is rather interesting.

I think if you replaced the pink with another color, maybe yellow, it would work better for me. As is, I can hardly bear to look at it...no offence I hope, I just don't like those colors together....:)

peaceful
03-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I think your settings must be wrong ! Yellow is already in there ;)

Tamana
03-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Bill has monitor issues; we're currently in the process of accepting donations to purchase him another. If you'd like to contribute just forward me your bank account number and I'll take care of all the little annoying aspects so you can continue to paint.

I like the wave of this--demonstrates a good interaction of color with balance.

FriendCarol
03-17-2005, 11:17 AM
For me it is lilac, orange (orangey-yellow is okay, bit of a stretch), and pink (quite a cool pink rather than a warm one), on dark navy background. I, too, have color issues, but like the movement/wave thing going on in this.

My monitor is good (15" Viewsonic LCD; cathode ray tube would have been too heavy for the laptop desk that suspends it and keyboard over my bed). Maybe I haven't adjusted colors for awhle, or reset them to factory defaults, and they're off?

printzessofthenorth
03-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi. This if from a new series of works by me . Untitled but would love comments and possible title thanks :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2005/23113-rileywingedcurvePETESTWISTNEWSmall.jpg

I like the movement. The colors I see are orange/yellow, pink, lavender and purple. I like the tension that the pink generates near the orange/yellow. And I see a form that remindes me of a persons head? So my title suggestions, because of the form, the rippled checker board (like many choices to choose from, and the tension created by the colors is "Puzzeled."

What do you think? :cat:

debbieryder

printzessofthenorth
03-17-2005, 12:05 PM

I like the movement. The colors I see are orange/yellow, pink, lavender and purple. I like the tension that the pink generates near the orange/yellow. And I see a form that remindes me of a persons head? So my title suggestions, because of the form, the rippled checker board (like many choices to choose from, and the tension created by the colors is "Puzzeled." Or What's Your Next Move?"

What do you think? :cat:

debbieryder

peaceful
03-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback and interesting title suggestions. I'm a bit disapointed with the 2 members 'monitor issues'. If settings are out then how can people be commenting with any credibility? :confused:

printzessofthenorth
03-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Pete,

don't think my monitor is having probs, but just in case, please list the colors that you have used so I can compare with what I'm seeing. I see 4 colors. Purple, lavendar, sort of orange/yellow and flesh or pink color. Is this incorrect? :confused: :( I wish I could see it as you painted it.

debbieryder

peaceful
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I would say that you are seeing the colours correctly printzess and thanks for the constructive comments :)