PDA

View Full Version : Help with title

kjsspot
12-11-2001, 06:17 PM
Hey ya'll! I'm planning on listing some pieces with an offer to upgrade my shipping for Christmas. Currently I ship via priority mail tube. This same tube can be used for the express mail as well. So, my offer will be that if they use the Buy It Now option and instant pay via PayPal or Billpoint, then I will upgrade their shipping from Priority Mail to Express Mail for Christmas gifts.

Here's my question. How do you think I should list it, title wise. If I keep the important key words all I can fit is this:

Original Watercolor Painting Free Shipping

I can not fit the word upgrade in the title. Would that tick people off if they check out my page and discover that it's a free shipping UPGRADE and not totally free shipping? Or perhaps I can up my buy it now price to $39 instead of $34 and offer totally free shipping?

OR should I drop the word Original and add Upgrade?

OR should I drop the word Free and simply have Shipping Upgrade? I would think some people might do a search for Free Shipping so my thoughts are to keep it in the title.

Anyhoo, what are ya'll's thoughts?

THANKS!!!! :D

timelady
12-11-2001, 06:41 PM
Hmmm... just a thought but I'd change 'free shipping' to something like 'xmas shipping' - stressing that it will be there in time for the holiday? Don't think people will search on shipping so it's more important for browsers to see something of benefit. You could always then put the upgrade info in bold at the very beginning of your description.

Good idea though. :) I was guaranteeing delivery by xmas, but it's too late now for the US. Actually it would probably get there in time still but can't promise. So I'm going to relist with a guarantee for Europe, don't seem to be any US buyers around anyway lately. (my last two months sales were all UK, very unusual)

Good luck! Maybe you could also offer giftwrap? heehee.

Tina.

kjsspot
12-11-2001, 06:51 PM
ACK!!! :eek: Giftwrap??? hee hee ummm... no. <g> Thanks for the ideas though. Still pondering. I sure wish there was a way to keep track of keywork searches!!

CarlyHardy
12-12-2001, 12:54 AM
Drop the word "painting"....that's a given! and use the extra characters for something else.

Tina's idea of putting the upgrade info in bold at the top of the listing is a good one. and Buyers won't search for shipping in your title. Think of some terms to put in the description that they might hit on.
carly

kjsspot
12-12-2001, 08:09 PM
Thanks ya'll! Since my work seems to be moving pretty well so far, I decided to keep my titles the same and just put the shipping info into the description. I decided that I probably should try to fix it if it's not broken. <g>

The main keywords that I always try to keep in my title is Original Watercolor Painting. The reason is that one of the more popular searches is Original Painting. Then I'd imagine many search for Watercolor as well.

Anyway, thanks!! They are now listed if you're interested. =) They'd be the most recent three on this list. http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=kerryjo&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

Thanks again!!

kjsspot
12-12-2001, 08:54 PM
WOOHOOO!! Now that is a record for me! LoL I JUST posted my auctions with the express mail deal and one is SOLD already! YEAH!!! =D

CarlyHardy
12-15-2001, 12:40 AM
Congratulations!
I checked out your auctions...you have several that have bids!
Way to go! I like the Autumn landscape...its my favorite time of year.
carly

kjsspot
12-15-2001, 11:59 AM
Thanks Carly!! =) My favorite one that's up now is the Yellow Landscape (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1495108179) It's really wierd because the ones I tend to like the best always seems to be the last to get a bid! LoL