PDA

View Full Version : Final Proof - Utensil I (series)

printzessofthenorth
03-14-2005, 03:51 PM
O.K. I changed the name from Utensil I, because that is going to be the series name. A bunch of abstracts using household utensils as the starting point.

This first was the handle of a pair of shears that I use to cut thick stuff, such as rubber or lino. It looked to me like the head of snake bitting and included the pinking shear boarder to make a sort of window pane. I've temporarily named it "shear pane" and wondered if you all think that this is a good title or not? This final proof of the image I did on japnese hosho and used black ds water soluble relief ink. I've printed the edition, just awaiting your feedback/ suggestions on title.

debbieryder

sassybird
03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I like the compostion of the shears handle, and the pinking shears border is very effective.

Printmakerguy
03-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I really like this print, and I love the title!!

Can't wait to see the rest of the series...

-andrew

Sunfilly
03-17-2005, 12:27 AM
I love this picture, and the name is great. Great carving. I am parcial to sissors, I have a beautiful collection of sissors from my sewing days, and have scanned pictures of them on occasion to use in my colages.

Diane Cutter
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Deb... What a great image... I can't wait to see the rest of the series. What size is this? Is looks like it is very small, postage stamp size...

Diane

LilKitten
03-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Debbie... where do I know this name of *thinks* oh yeahhh... ;)

Good stuff kiddo, let's see the rest of it ^_^

printzessofthenorth
03-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Sassy,
as always appreciate your eye on things :) Thank you for the kind words.

Andrew,
thanks for your enthusiasm! I haven't started the others yet, but it might be a nice 'joint' ongoing project for everyone here? :evil: Whaddaya think? Love to see everyone else's interpretation of household objects. :D

Sunfilly,
Scissors have such great lines, especially for closeup abstracts, which was one of the criteria for this project. Looked at a lot of other items but this appealed to me the most at the time. Glad you like it. :D

Thanks Diane, heh heh heh...not quite so small as a postage stamp...I'd go blind! However, the image is small, as you surmized, only 3"x3" and the paper size is 5 1/4" x 5 1/2" (bottom weighted).

Kitten girl, :cat: Maybe we have something in common? ;) eh... heh heh. :D Thanks for the encouragement. Haven't started on the rest of these. I need to finish the other stuff I've already started!LOL!!! But these others are slated for June. I think I will have the other ones I'm currently working on finished by then. You know, I have a ton of plates that I have never printed?! Even a few intaglio...well I have a few proofs, but never completed the editions. I like to do some of those this summer. If I even did half of the plates I have lying around I'd be prolific! Also working on two acrylic paintings right now. As soon as I get a new digi cam, I'll up load those onto the Acrylics forum for a laugh!

Now, to everyone who responded thank you for the imput and for your feedback concerning the title. It seems we have a winner "Shear Pane"! :D

debbieryder

EFT Studios
03-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Just weighing in late...
Fantastic. :clap:
Title works for me! Love the crisp image and abstracting of common object. Can't wait to see rest of utensils....

printzessofthenorth
03-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Just weighing in late...
Fantastic. :clap:
Title works for me! Love the crisp image and abstracting of common object. Can't wait to see rest of utensils....

Hi Tracey,

Thank you. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. Life constantly upstages all the things I'd rather be doing! Thank you for weighing in. I have at least two more planned (stuck in my head for now) and hope to release then onto/into the lino soon.

I took a minute before responding to take a look at your website. Awesome figurative work! I am humbled.

debbieryder