PDA

View Full Version : Printing out projects?

tia13
03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
I just LOVE that these wonderful projects are available here! Is there an easy way to print them out for reference - like a "printer friendly" version?

Laurie2
03-12-2005, 03:58 AM
I just LOVE that these wonderful projects are available here! Is there an easy way to print them out for reference - like a "printer friendly" version?

Hi Tia, :wave:
You could go Edit/Select All ...then Save As...each page of a thread will require a number after page 1.
Or you could go Edit/Select All/Print Preview and select which pages of the thread page you require...note: each page of a thread can run to 10 sometimes more pages on a print out, so you need to do the Preview and be selective.
Hope this helps you...This is a wonderful site isn't it... :D

painterbear
03-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Under the last reply window you will see a button that says: Show a printable version.

That should make it easier for you to print out a project that you like, or any other thread that you find interesting such as WIPs on certain topics.

Welcome to the Watercolor Forum.

Sylvia

Laurie2
03-12-2005, 09:23 AM
:( I can't find that button sylvia..I have clicked on the two far right buttons at Additional Options and Topic Reviews but ..nope...can't find it...sigh :(

painterbear
03-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Laurie,

I don't know how to make a copy of the page to show you or I would do it that way.

However, scroll down to the last reply window, then continue scrolling down and you will see a box with these headings:

printer icon: Show Printable Version
email icon: Email this Page
check icon: Unsubscribe from this Thread

Just click on the link labeled "Show Printable Version" and that should be all you need to do.

I just tried it and it worked for me. I do use an iMac running 9.2 OS system which usually causes problems here. Hope it works for you too if you are running Windows.

Sylvia

tia13
03-12-2005, 11:30 AM

:confused: OK, wrong post, wrong forum, wrong question! LOL!!! Last night I found myself in Rods's thread Helpful Links, Posts and Articles on Watercolors that lists all these wonderfulf classes, books, tips, etc. I found the Lessons and Demos and somehow related that to the Project Forum. So what I was actually trying to find a printer friendly page for were the lessons - such as: http://www.wetcanvas.com/ArtSchool/Watercolors/RodWebb/Clouds/page5.html and others. I know I can do a copy and paste but did not how it would come out...I guess I will just try :D

tigre255
03-12-2005, 02:31 PM
tia13.......in the blue strip at the top of a page is a menu called "Thread Tools" with a drop down menu when you click on it. There is where you will fine the option to Printable Version.......hope this helps. I'm sure it will be on all threads at WetCanvas...... :)

Laurie2
03-12-2005, 02:48 PM
tia13.......in the blue strip at the top of a page is a menu called "Thread Tools" with a drop down menu when you click on it. There is where you will fine the option to Printable Version.......hope this helps. I'm sure it will be on all threads at WetCanvas...... :)

Silly me!...I was looking down the bottome of the page...and there it is up there.... tucked in Thread Tools....Now why didn't I look there first...hope I didn't make life difficult for Tia....LOL

Thanks Tigre :D :wave:

painterbear
03-12-2005, 03:07 PM
That's another one of those anomolies with this system. I have that option at the bottom of my screen (below the replies) as I told Laurie. When I click on the word "Tools" at the top of my screen, nothing happens.

That is because this system doesn't like Macs, I think. :mad: :evil: :wink2:

Sylvia

tigre255
03-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, that used to be the way it showed up on my before the system upgrade. But now it's in the Tools pull down.....sorry Sylvia. :)

scribblet
05-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Silly me!...I was looking down the bottome of the page...and there it is up there.... tucked in Thread Tools....Now why didn't I look there first...hope I didn't make life difficult for Tia....LOL

Thanks Tigre :D :wave:
I was looking for a quick way to print out Rod Love's lessons but couldn't find a printer version. I see the tools for printing on a thread, but not on the lessons.

I did print them out page by page which is a pain, but works. Also uses a lot of ink because of the pictures.

I would be nice if you could download a whole project at once. Sigh always wanting something right ...LOL

cheers
Kathy

Yorky
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM
You could save the thread in your Favourites (Internet Explorer) using the "Make available offlne" option.

Doug