PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to Fix her shoulders

Ayamai
03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
This is the Lady of Snow.

She is still in pencil (the scanner didn't like me, and that's why it looks like pen), and I'm really happy with the composition, but I know something is wrong with her shoulders. I've tried fixing it many different times, and I really don't want to redraw her body or her head, because I'm very happy with that.

Once I fix the shoulders, I'm going to ink it, and then color it in photoshop. I'll also add snow falling in photoshop too. I'm planning on coloring her with a white dress, white hair, white wings, and blue accents.

LisaArt
03-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Hi Ayamai, This is wonderful and will look really great once you add in the colour you mention.
I am sorry to me, the shoulders look okay and porportion to her body. :) I think if they are larger they will not look right.

FriendCarol
03-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure about this, but maybe the reason the shoulders look 'too small' is that the head is too big -- so the neck (too small for the head) makes them look 'off?' (She looks older than the proportion of head to body suggests, and necks are about as wide as heads.) Nice fantasy painting, regardless!

Esmeralinda
03-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Hello Ayamai (pretty name),

I think FriendCarol is right when she says her face is too big. She would look more feminine also if you added a little more head to her. Other than that she is very nice.

Oups ! you didn't want any crits with the face. :(
Just want to help, that's all .

Linda :wave: :wave:

Bevahlee
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Yep, her head is too big for her body. That makes the shoulders look small. Shrink the head and they'll be just right. The head is also sort of pasted on the neck. A little of the line where the jaw meets the neck should be softeneed, nearly lost