PDA

View Full Version : First Self Portrait, first Painter lX attempt

PAMIVAN
03-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi there! Long time no produce! I finally faced my demons and attempted painter lX... thanx to my hero, Lisa Ober. She is the best "ART THERAPIST" for closet artists like myself :D Thats My daughter and me. As you can see....I did a little cosmetic "enhancement" on me. heee hee! Although it may appear by the expression on my face that I have encountered a "bad smell"... that's pretty typical to what my face is doing most of the time...sooo I went with it! I wonder if my presence in the piece robs the potential of a beautiful shot of my daughter, but there it is anyway. It's really a BIG painting! 3 feet by 3 feet at 250 pixels per/inch. Nearly killed my computer! It took over a month to do (I just gotta get faster!). But I am done, finished or not. Atleast I am "purged".
C&C appreciated!
Pam

peoplepainter
03-11-2005, 03:09 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. No, I am not laughing at the painting. You are just way to funny. You know I have issues with laughing too hard.
My dear, this is by far the most superb first attempt in Painter I have ever seen!!! You knock me over...and thanks a lot for that. I bumped my head in the process.
I DO NOT think it would be a better painting without you. You caught that "mom" moment. No mom, no moment. Granted, the child is beautiful but you did the right thing putting yourself in there.

So, where do I send the award for flipping amazing? 123 Genius Street?

What was I thinking when I suggested you try Painter? Little did I know I was setting a prodigy in motion. Perhaps the world will at least remember me for that and I'll be famous!

Here are my clappies: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Are there enough clappies? Keep it up! The possibilities scare me.

Lisa

PAMIVAN
03-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanx Lisa! Thanx for moving me...I am still a "newbee" I guess. You really puffed up my ego, and I thank you greatly for the clappies. I think we are the only ones attending this party? LOL! Hopefully someone else will show, too. :p (this happens to me in real life too, which is why I never entertain anymore, LOL).
I am happy to say that this may be the best thing I've ever done. I am positive that I couldn't have pulled it off whithout Painter lX. What an awesome program!!! I am hooked!

I owe you BIG!!!!!
:wave: :D :clap:

JulieBoyles
03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
WOW! Pam, this is terrific, amazing, beautiful, etc. . . :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I can't believe this is your first time with Painter!
What brushes did you use?

I have no critiques on this, it is wonderful. Your colors are great, edges are good, and the pose and expressions are so sweet! Don't worry that it takes you a month to finish. That's about how long it takes me too, especially in the beginning. I've got it down to 2 or 3 weeks now but it takes me a long time too. You know I like to fuss over it for a while! :p

Holy Cow, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Congratulations,
Julie

PAMIVAN
03-11-2005, 10:42 AM
WOW! Pam, this is terrific, amazing, beautiful, etc. . . :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I can't believe this is your first time with Painter!
What brushes did you use?

I have no critiques on this, it is wonderful. Your colors are great, edges are good, and the pose and expressions are so sweet! Don't worry that it takes you a month to finish. That's about how long it takes me too, especially in the beginning. I've got it down to 2 or 3 weeks now but it takes me a long time too. You know I like to fuss over it for a while! :p

Holy Cow, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Congratulations,
Julie
Thanx Julie!!!! This is so great!...I feel like a new bride :D !!! 1,000 THANK YOU's FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

PAMIVAN
03-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh ya...brushes! I used the oil brush and a soft blender, mostly. I kinda' had no choice 'cause the "Artists oil" brushes or other more "textured" ones limited me too a very small brush size,... as my computer couldn't handle them in the 100's pixel range. I would have liked a little more texture, but next time I'll paint a smaller size canvas and try again.

Borum
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM
beautiful! i especially like the expression in the childs eyes...have seen it in mine own children. oh little child what are you thinking of, safely in the arms of your mother?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rjKing
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Sorry, I must correct your language.

You used the word attempt. This is obviously the wrong word. If I had done this after 20 or so paintings I'd consider it an achievement.

For you to have done it on the first go is toweringly successful.

I'm with Lisa.. we witness the acts of a prodigy. If this is a first step, i'm seriously frightened by the real possibilities of what you can do with Painter.

PAMIVAN
03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Sorry, I must correct your language.

You used the word attempt. This is obviously the wrong word. If I had done this after 20 or so paintings I'd consider it an achievement.

For you to have done it on the first go is toweringly successful.

I'm with Lisa.. we witness the acts of a prodigy. If this is a first step, i'm seriously frightened by the real possibilities of what you can do with Painter.
WOW....Holy #$@@!!! That was like, the most awesome....WOW. THANK YOU. I am stuttering and Speachless!!! :wave:

PAMIVAN
03-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Thank You Borum! I so appreciate it!....and what you see about when a child gets "that look" could not have ben said more eloquently. :wave:

rjKing
03-11-2005, 11:41 PM
You are so very welcome..

Now do what every artist has done with comments like that.. make more art (and SHOW US, PLEASE!!!!). :)

PAMIVAN
03-12-2005, 06:30 AM
You are so very welcome..

Now do what every artist has done with comments like that.. make more art (and SHOW US, PLEASE!!!!). :)
I will, rjKing! It's actually kind of ironic you mention that...This painting is one of only maybe 8(?) more portraits I will be able to complete in the very near future, as my hubby and I will be expecting a “new addition to the family” in August (a girl!). It's kinda' strange being on a "time limit". Hopefully I will be able to paint again before too long. Thanx again. Coming here is has been priceless to me.
Pam