PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Veil

Esmeralinda
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Hi all,
What do you think of this? I am not quite finish, too wet to continue but would appreciate your feeling about this painting. I won't ask anything just to see what you will say.
Oil on a 20"X24" canvas - all done with knives.
Thanks
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2005/52322-WIP-Wedding_veil.jpg

LisaArt
03-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Oooh Linda, this is so wonderful. I can see why you named it wedding veil. That water fall coming down the rocks into the water looks like a veil. Those colours are so amazing. How did you achieve them?YOur knife work and choice of colours on the rocks are super!
Looks fini to me! :wave:

Esmeralinda
03-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi Lisa, so nice of you to drop by. What would I do without you ? :clap:

You really think it is finish ? I wasn't sure.

To get those colours; I apply different ones all at the same time on my knive and try to come down in one stroke.

I think I will post in OCF. Aside of you (and you are very important to me) I don't really get help in this forum. I don't know why but I just don't.

Take care and have a nice day, Linda

laketrees
03-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi Linda...this is great...and I think there's a little undefined area on the right...the blue colour seems a little pale to me ...otherwise I think the colours and composition are working well...I agree that Lisa :angel: makes WIP a lot less lonely.. :clap: ...sometimes you can think you are the only one here..he he...wait till you start talking to yourself :evil: ...lol...IMO ..I think the slower you are with your work (like I am...I also procrastinate a bit and get sidetracked)..and the longer it takes the more people.. :D you get dropping by to have a look and comment!!
cheers kim

Esmeralinda
03-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi Kim,

I hope I didn't sound too depressed. :o It's just that I posted a few times here and didn't get the help I was looking for. (except for a few like you and I DO APPRECIATE IT). Nothing to worry about. Maybe I post when the work is too close to the finish but I mostly paint "alla prima".

Being so impatient, I already posted in OCF. I think the picture is much better. Don't hesitate to give your opinion. It helps a lot.

Thank you for being there for me.

Take care, Linda :wave: