PDA

View Full Version : Dry Point Bird

sassybird
12-10-2001, 12:16 PM
I've shown you two of my linoleum prints, so I thought you might like to see a intaglio print. This is a dry point on an aluminum plate.

ZOTMA
12-10-2001, 12:44 PM
I'm fascinated by the different approaches to printing given the choice of what specific medium to persue for the best representation of your chosen subject. The intaglio lends itself so well to the image being defined by line, the textures and patterning, seems unique among printing techniques (especially when getting into aquatint etc.). This is a piece with lovely composition but what's pulling my eye is the choice of rendering the feathers (this again seemingly the ultimate printing technique to capture just that). They are delicate, detailed and airy. The large eye is a great contrast and really solidifies the subject.

Gisela
12-10-2001, 01:00 PM
This is one of my favorites of yours.

Coco gives me this same look all the time when he hangs out on my shoulder. You know...the why-aren't-you-rubbing-my-head look. ;)

Gisela

sassybird
12-10-2001, 05:19 PM
The feathers of birds have always fascinated me. Lines in nature period fascinates me. There are so many repetitions that are not always apparent until you beging comparing.....like the rings of a tree and the demarkation in a cliff. When you look closely at the veins in a leaf and at a feather you see close to the same structure.

Leaflin
12-10-2001, 08:00 PM
I love the detail in the feathers Sass :)
The eye draws me back into the piece after I have explored the feathers.