PDA

View Full Version : poppies

doug_h
03-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Well in my spare time, I have added a third flower print to my portfolio. This one is of poppies beneath a scrub oak. It is 18"x12' for those that like to know that stuff (as I always do) printed on rives bfk tan with ds black oil ink. Your comments and suggestions are invited. Last night at our open studio on first friday, I promoted the piece with a special pre-publication price. Didn't sell one of these, but did sell another sunflower.

Thanks for your assistance. And keep the ink flowing.

Doug

Diane Cutter
03-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Well in my spare time, I have added a third flower print to my portfolio. This one is of poppies beneath a scrub oak. It is 18"x12' for those that like to know that stuff (as I always do) printed on rives bfk tan with ds black oil ink. Your comments and suggestions are invited. Last night at our open studio on first friday, I promoted the piece with a special pre-publication price. Didn't sell one of these, but did sell another sunflower.

Thanks for your assistance. And keep the ink flowing.

Doug
It's beautiful, Doug... My only complaint is that your image is too small. I want to soak in all that detail but can't see it well enough... I'm assuming this is a linocut?

You are really classing up this joint with your work. I like the composition and your paper and ink choices. It's just lovely...

Diane

Printmakerguy
03-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Very nice... I like how you spend your 'spare time'...

But, Like Diane, I am going to have to complain about the size of this image- It looks like it has so much detail, and I want to see it :clap:

I am really liking the flowers, I think this is even better than the sunflowers...

-Andrew

doug_h
03-05-2005, 08:40 PM
You're right about the size. Sorry. Try clicking here.
http://www.haugdesigns.com/flowers/poppies.html

Thanks for your comments, Andrew and Diane

Doug

Printmakerguy
03-05-2005, 08:47 PM
MUCH better. I really like this print- So much going on! Keeps the eye busy... The color is great, too- I like the paper you are printing on, really adds to the peice...

-Andrew

Ari Sutton
03-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Beautiful work, as usual Doug. :clap: :clap:

Ari

H2O_Baby
03-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Love it, Doug!

Jetsam
03-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Ver inspiring.. I have been busy with etching, but may need to pull out a linoleum block again after seeing this! Great design and execution. - Carol

DLevy
03-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Beautiful, I like the composition/perspective that draws the eye into the picture. It's like you're joining the poppies in their little corner by the oak tree. :)

Danny

jimread
03-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Dear Doug,

This is gorgeous, absolutely meticulous but with just the right amount of 'Art' to make it a superb piece.

Why no try it on eBay, bet you would sell it there.

Regards - Jim

CBHutch
03-06-2005, 09:28 AM
GORGEOUS!! Just gorgeous!! :clap: And I love how you show the poppy in its different stages--pre-bloom, bloom, seed head! Great detail, great design.

Cheryl

zardoz
03-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I am awed by the skill involved

alice's arts
03-07-2005, 07:50 AM
beautiful print! I too love the way you show different stages of the poppy, it really shows what a poppy is like. Lines flow nicely. What is the actual size of this print and how much are you selling it for?
-alice

printzessofthenorth
03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Wonderful Doug. Absolutely wonderful.

debbie

janemoth
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Nice stuff! The craftsmanship is beyond reproach, as far as the composition goes on the left it seems things are sort of evenly spaced with the negative space. It almost looks like a print from a design studio, because nature wouldn't be so ordered. : )

doug_h
03-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Interesting observation Janemoth. Thanks to you and everyone else for your comments and kind words.

bridog
03-09-2005, 08:45 PM
excellent work!
very nice botanical study
I like the way it is finished with the rounded corners
someone else mentioned the great play of positive and negative space
you have it down perfectly!

brian

sassybird
03-14-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't know how I missed this, Doug. You certainly did a good job on the cutting, and I like the use of the tan paper in this piece. It gives it warmth like a summer day.

LilKitten
03-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Wonderful, 'toning' and heavy compositional values really keep the eye in the image. Well done.