PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Thumper
12-09-2001, 06:35 PM
I just now realized that this existed, and I'm quite excited. Here's the second linoleum print that I"ve done. . . completed last year, not too intricate, but it was fun.
Joc

Gisela
12-09-2001, 09:35 PM
Hi Thumper!

Yay...another printmaker!!
Welcome to the brand new forum here! We're all pretty excited about it too! :clap:

I like the intimate feel of this print. It's cozy even with that big city skyline. Very nice!

Gisela

sassybird
12-09-2001, 09:47 PM
Welcome welcome, thumper. Is nice to have you join us:)

This pieces emanates mood for me. I lived in San Francisco for two plus decades. This reminds me of eating on the dock in Salsilto and looking across the bay to the city.

Nice nice piece:clap: :clap: I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Leaflin
12-10-2001, 07:36 AM
Hi Thumper
Isn't this a great forum :)
The perspective in this piece is great.
I like the feel I get from it of people chatting while the river flows by.

ZOTMA
12-10-2001, 12:35 PM
you brought dimension to this piece
as in creating the feel of an expanse of space
I find that more difficult with printmaking
the way the block is cut with silouette and positive imagery in the background is very successful
the shapes of the interior with the windows sets up structure that is reinforced by the skyline
it does give an intimate feel and an interesting micro to macro feel (being as that the intimate environment commands most of the space, conversely the larger outside environment takes up far less)
great print

Thumper
12-14-2001, 07:29 AM
Thanks everyone. .. sorry it took me so long to write back, I'm not used to checking the printmaking forum. I just finished doing multiple color prints. . . so when I get those back, which will be in a while I'll post them.
Joc