PDA

View Full Version : gift icon

kjsspot
12-09-2001, 03:49 PM
Hey ya'll! Have any of you tried using that gift icon? Do you think it's a good idea as we approach Christmas?

hairballsdotcom
12-09-2001, 07:16 PM
I decided a $1 for the gift icon was too much for just a generic "christmas gift". On down the line if I have some distinct theme item I might pay for it -- like I have a cat with a graduation cap and diploma, so I maybe would opt for the graduation gift icon since the image is sooo specific.

When I'm looking to buy on ebay I VERY SELDOM pay any attention to those gift icons. I wonder if anyone does?n

tammy
12-09-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by hairballsdotcom

When I'm looking to buy on ebay I VERY SELDOM pay any attention to those gift icons. I wonder if anyone does?n

I'm with you. I just use search for what I want or I browse the catagories. I hardly notice most of the icons myself. Of course, I', just doing some selling research when I browse. I do buy every once in awhile but I'm mostly a seller. If someone was a buyer they might find significance in the icons. I don't know.

tammy
12-09-2001, 10:39 PM
Also on the side, I would think that a seller may use the icon properly if for instance for Christmas (any holiday) they were selling a holiday oriented item for example art with a christmas tree in it etc.

CarlyHardy
12-10-2001, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't use special icons for gifts...by the time the listing closes and you get payment and shipment....it could be passed Christmas!

I think that's just one of ebay's marketing ideas to make money for them...not the seller.
carly

kjsspot
12-11-2001, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by CHClements
I think that's just one of ebay's marketing ideas to make money for them...not the seller.

Thanks ya'll!! That's what I was thinking too. I just wanted to make sure. I never know if there is something I'm unaware of so I wanted to double check. As a buyer, I never pay attention to them either.