View Full Version : Spring in Oregon

Kitty Wallis
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Plein air, yesterday.
About 2 hours,
18x24 pastel with underpainting on white Professional

Deborah Secor
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this Kitty, but it seems you didn't post the picture! I'll wait patiently... :)

Deborah

Kitty Wallis
03-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Oooops! :D
I was sure I did.
Here it is, Thanks Deborah.

meowmeow
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Oh yes! This just says "SPRING!"...lovely, Kitty. Those lavenders and the light greeny/yellows are wonderful.
Yummy!

Sandy

antgeek
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
kitty,
gorgeous color, beautifully handled. i love it! i lived in troutdale, ore. as a kid, looking at your picture so reminds me of the rewards of rain! creeks, woods, flowering trees...ah, nostalgia.

serra

Pinecone Conniff
03-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure I understand this Oregon environment!...You really have purple blossoms on the trees already?? Wow! :eek:
I really like how you handled the reflections! Inspiring use of color! :clap:
Annette

Kitty Wallis
03-04-2005, 09:34 PM
They are flowering plum, a very early tree. There are hundreds of them, thousands maybe, in flower here now. They are light pink, white, darker pink. This one was light mauve pink with some shade on it.

Thanks for your comments Annette

K Taylor-Green
03-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Simply gorgeous, Kitty. Makes me long for Spring here. There is a rumour going around that it arrives this month. :p All I have seen is snow showers, and cold! Your painting will have to tide me over for a while.

Kitty Wallis
03-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks Serra, Sandy, Kate. It was a lot of fun to do. I felt intoxicated with the scents, the breeze, the warm sun.

Piper Ballou
03-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Wow, I love it, our trees are just starting to bud a little. Your picture makes me anxious for spring. I am a fan of flowering plums. I love the freshness the painting gives.
Piper

Kitty Wallis
03-05-2005, 02:20 AM
Thank you Piper. I couldn't get that fresh quality without being there and breathing it in.

jackiesimmonds
03-05-2005, 03:14 AM
this is lovely, I am so jealous of you being out there painting in the warm sun.

It is FREEZING here, bleak and grey, keeps trying to snow, does so for a bit and beforre I get the chance to get out into it, if only to take a few photos, it melts and returns to bleak and grey again. Winter in this country seems to last from August to June sometimes, with perhaps the odd nice day here and there. We all start to get pretty excited when the daffodils and blossom begin to appear...and then winter returns in full fury and kills off all the buds with hard frosts and we get thoroughly fed up again.

Gorgeous painting. Makes me think of lavendar fields in France. (strange connection, I know, but I am sure you know what I mean.)

J

tURBOCAT
03-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Oh this screams Spring. It makes you feel the crispness of spring with the cool colors. And I love how "loose" it looks and the electric colors.

Johnnie

Deborah Secor
03-05-2005, 11:48 AM
It dances! Thanks, I needed that...

Deborah

Kitty Wallis
03-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I think I do, Jackie, The cool pinks and purples, the stiff yet graceful stems, the look of perfume, the early profuse flowering?

I don't blame you for feeling jealous. I don't want you to, but I would in your place.

jackiesimmonds
03-06-2005, 04:43 AM
[QUOTE=Kitty Wallis]I think I do, Jackie, The cool pinks and purples, the stiff yet graceful stems, the look of perfume, the early profuse flowering?

QUOTE]

perfect - you is so artikulate.

J

bnoonan
03-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Kitty - thanks for the reminder of those gorgeous pink blossoms that take over the spring in the Pacific Northwest - you've captured them!!!

Love the streaks of color in the water - it's just a gem!

Barb :)

Shari
03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Kitty,

This is beautiful!!!! I live in Ashland and it's in the low 70's here this whole week!!!! My entire yard is blooming, daphne, andromeda, star magnolia!!! It's glorious. I wish I was inspired to paint it, but I just enjoy smelling it and looking at all the buds and flowers right now!!

Shari

Goobiemom
03-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Wow Kitty! I definately have to say this is my favorite of all your plein airs, so far! It would have been fun to see it in progress. I feel bad for all the complaining I did in late fall when it started raining, about all the gray days to look forward to. Somebody upstairs must have heard me because we're having a winter drought and unseasonably warm temps! Not to mention the SUN! For some reason, I thought that tree was a willow, when we were there ( not in your painting!) lol OOOH! This is so gorgeous!

Judy

Maryeve
03-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Oh Kitty, this is beautiful! I just love it!

khourianya
03-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Brilliant colours! It is brightening up my very brown Alberta week! :D Thanks!

Kitty Wallis
03-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Thank you Deborah, Johnnie, Barb, Shari, Judy, and Mary.

I'm looking at this line-up of women painters, how warm and supportive you all are, and what good taste you have!!! :D :D :D

Thank you.