PDA

View Full Version : I BELONG here ... and other vents!!!

dd50
03-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Yikes .. help!

I cut my hair WAY too short! :crying:

I'm soooo tired of the snooty folks in the other forum areas ... and I KNOW now that I belong HERE!

I'm just gonna let some stuff out .... just ignore me. :D

Now don't tell me it's not like this .... cause I've been here long enough to know it IS! Sure, there are nice folks here .. but for the MOST part, they're stuck up snobs! This is actually the only area that seems to be REAL. :rolleyes:

I've tried to conform to other art styles ... mediums .. etc. .. but I GOTTA do what I GOTTA do .. and I gotta follow my heart and soul!!!

I've been miss good little girl for so many years ... and now I want to express my OWN opinion ... and do my OWN thing!

I got really pissed at things and cut my hair today .... I just went crazy, and now it looks like I"m a DYKE! :crying:

I won't go out now. no sir .. no way. :mad:

I've been trying so hard to create art in a certain way ... now I"m doing what I feel .... and too bad if it looks stupid to most folks ... somebody will 'feel' what I 'feel'.

Maybe I should color my hair white ... or pink .. or silver. No wait, it IS going silver. darn!

So ... in a few hours, when I've calmed down .. I'll be back to post a few drawings and paintings that "I" did .... only for ME.

Sure hope ya'll don't mind me buttin in here and stayin .... but ya'll are the ONLY area that I really feel welcomed.

Dee

jnet11
03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I got really pissed at things and cut my hair today .... I just went crazy, and now it looks like I"m a DYKE! :crying:

when you are upset because of stereotyping and pre-judgement it doesn't behoove you to make derogatory comments like this.

i sympathize for you, but have a heart for others too!

wiscojaydub
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Dee..This is the way the world is... right! So you go ...and make your art to please yourself..first!.. :) and always first! Hang in dere! jaydub :wave:

dd50
03-04-2005, 03:13 PM
when you are upset because of stereotyping and pre-judgement it doesn't behoove you to make derogatory comments like this.

It was a JOKE ... and it was at my OWN expense .... and if I WERE a lesbian, which sounds pretty good to me sometimes .... LOL ... that wouldn't bother me at all .... I never said anything against anybody ... and never would, I"m very opened minded ... but it's true .. I DO look like that ... I look like a man today .. after cutting my hair.

:D

Dee

dd50
03-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Dee..This is the way the world is... right! So you go ...and make your art to please yourself..first!.. :) and always first! Hang in dere! jaydub :wave:

THANK you Jay!

Kisses ... Hugs ..

Dee

dd50
03-04-2005, 03:21 PM

Oh, and HEY ... I gave ya'll a compliment! I said I really felt welcomed here, I DID put 'vent' in the title ya know. :evil:

Dee

SanDL
03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Your posts of your work are welcome.
But personally, I can't stand temper tantrums as separate threads.

Spyderbabe
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Make a statement - why not take that cut off hair and glue it into a painting?

bbbilly1326
03-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh, and HEY ... I gave ya'll a compliment!

Dee

hey, but you didn't really give the Lesbians here any compliments, suggesting they all cut their hair too short and all look like men...

also, not sure you're entitled to use the word dyke unless you are one....:)

insensitive...anyone correct me if I'm wrong...hmmmm...in fact I was wrong once, back in '56 as I recall..

we're a sensitive lot here I think....artists, ya know

dd50
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Your posts of your work are welcome.
But personally, I can't stand temper tantrums as separate threads.

Wasn't a temper tantrum ...and this is NO excuse, but I've just had it with all the crap from my husband and how he's made me feel for so many years, and all this sickness (lupus, cfs and fibromyalgia), and I just sort of lost it today. I guess the cutting of the hair was a symbollic way of changing things in my life ... getting rid of 'heavy' things that weight me down.

We DO have other parts to our life besides art ... was just sharing my mania, passion and anger. And I DID draw, draw, and draw some more this afternoon ... now I feel a bit better, more calm. :)

If I offended anybody, I'm sorry ... that was just the first thing that came to mind, when I looked at my hair ... I actually LIKE the really short cut, if it wasn't for the stupid sideburns that go down to my scalp ... it wouldn't be so bad.

I have some close friends that are lesbians ... and I joke with them allot, nothing to hurt their feelings, but they know I love em and they know it's all in fun. But again, if I offended .... I am sorry.

I'm working on several watercolor paintings now ... and loads of drawings, that I'll go thru later and decide which ones become paintings, then I'll post them.

Well, at least I woke ya'l up! :D

Seriously, this IS a very cool place .... and I intend to stick around this time.

Here ... I'll share my chocolate covered raspberry jells with you.

Hugs,
Dee

dd50
03-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Make a statement - why not take that cut off hair and glue it into a painting?

You KNOW ... I was actually thinking of that today ... as I stared at the big pile on the floor! LOL!!

Dee

dd50
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
hey, but you didn't really give the Lesbians here any compliments, suggesting they all cut their hair too short and all look like men...

also, not sure you're entitled to use the word dyke unless you are one....:)

insensitive...anyone correct me if I'm wrong...hmmmm...in fact I was wrong once, back in '56 as I recall..

we're a sensitive lot here I think....artists, ya know

Sorry ... but when I looked at the finished cut ... I looked like a man to me, and well ... the lesbian friends I have happen to have short hair ... wasn't meant to be an insult...

Trust me, I'm as sensitive as they come! I guess today, I just got sick of sitting by and letting things happen ... and after hair was cut, went into a little 'mania' moment. Usually, I get my feelings hurt WAY too easily ... and have dealt with 8 years of emotional abuse in my marriage (separated now, thank goodness) ... and I'm the LAST one to hurt anybody else ... but for the first time I let some anger out ... and ALL of us do now and then ... and yes, I've read much of it here on Wet Canvas ... and most times the folks here understand that life gets too much sometimes ... and are supportive, all though depends on what 'area' you post.

Soooo .... just thought I had the same rights as anybody here. :)

Dee

Even If It Rains
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Yikes .. help!

I've tried to conform to other art styles ... mediums .. etc. .. but I GOTTA do what I GOTTA do .. and I gotta follow my heart and soul!!!
Dee

Sure, conforming is a killer.

Personally i had no probs with what you said, but you have to remember your talking to the whole world with these posts.
I took it in the context it was meant , forgotton/forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

d-head
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Where's Mini when you need him. MINI!

FriendCarol
03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
I recognize that handle, and the avatar! Hope I'm not one of the folks whom you felt were "condescending" over at The Other Place. (If I was, sorry!) I just started hanging out here a few days ago, literally. I only visit the Other Place to try to answer technical/color questions these days. :D

scorpio32
03-04-2005, 07:29 PM
I thought it was funny, plus the tongue in cheekiness(word?lol) of it all.....but what do I know? :rolleyes:

minimonkey
03-05-2005, 01:18 PM
dd50 --

First, a big hug to you! I'm guessing that the haircut disaster is just something to hang all your years of frustration on.... an abusive marriage can really take a terrible toll on the mind and heart and soul. Glad to hear that you are out of that situation.

Honey, hair grows -- yours will too. Maybe you *could* take this opportunity to dye your hair some funky color and really take advantage of your need for a change. Certainly, physical changes can be powerful symbols for what is going on internally. And I'm very glad to hear that you channeled some of that emotion into your art.

I genuinely appreciate your need to let your anger and hurt out, but I question whether this is the correct forum/board in which to do so. It's fine by me, but I worry that you will not receive the support and encouragement you seem to be seeking.

We *are* a cool bunch (if I may say so myself) ... but we get snippy too.

I look forward to posts of your work. Wanna share WIP of the drawings you did???

it'sALLart
03-05-2005, 06:00 PM
sorta gettin all curious and stuff,
trying to figure out where that "other place" is...

ok, Dee, keep calm... repeat after me:

it's only Wet Canvas, it's not real life...

Lady Rando
03-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Dee, my daughter did the hair cutting thing once. Only she shaved it all off! LOL, good thing her head has a nice shape to it and the fact that she's 6'1". She was able to actually look good. It was her way of cutting away the past and starting over. She now has head full of beautiful black hair, a special guy in her life and is on a better path.

I have always liked your art, no matter where you post it. :)

Tamana
03-05-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255451

Look, DD!!! A white (literally) knight who understands!!
Now THIS is what WC! is all about!! Caring and understanding!!!

It's an OMEN!!! You DO belong here, dd!!! Yay!!!! :clap:

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Sure, conforming is a killer.

Personally i had no probs with what you said, but you have to remember your talking to the whole world with these posts.
I took it in the context it was meant , forgotton/forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

Hey Rains,

Thanks ...

I mean I did mean the apology if I offended anybody, but gosh ... what I said was MILD compared to what folks say and DO today! :rolleyes:

I was in a funky, funny and crazy mood ... and if THAT'S as bad as it gets, I'm pretty ok.

OH ... and if the whole world could see my inner soul ... as God can, they would know I'm a really good person ... maybe a bit ecentric .. but then again, I certainly wouldn't want to live in that 'box' many folks live in. :p

Hugs,
Dee

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:29 AM
I recognize that handle, and the avatar! Hope I'm not one of the folks whom you felt were "condescending" over at The Other Place. (If I was, sorry!) I just started hanging out here a few days ago, literally. I only visit the Other Place to try to answer technical/color questions these days. :D

Hey Carol,

No, twastn't you ... but there are a plenty ... some I don't even remember names . some I do.

Hugs,
Dee

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:34 AM
I thought it was funny, plus the tongue in cheekiness(word?lol) of it all.....but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Hey scorpio,

Wish more folks would have seen the 'expression' I used as funny ... cause that's what it was meant to be. :D

Hugs,
Dee

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey Mini! :D

First .. I gotta say, tis weird, cause my son's band is called Mini Life, and my sweet maine coon cat's name is monkey ... and I love monkeys! I have several stuffed monkeys, one of which is real to me. ;) His name is Bobby, long story.

That said: you are SO right about the abuse taking it's toll ... I'm still in contact with him, so it's still a bit hard.

Well now, I DID dye my hair yesterday .. but I went to a dark nuetral brown, which took all the 'icky' red tones away and covered up the bit of gray I had, and now the sides that were down to the scalp don't show as much. So, that was a GOOD thing!

I'll share some art soon .... thanks for your post and caring. :)

Hugs,
Dee

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:45 AM
sorta gettin all curious and stuff,
trying to figure out where that "other place" is...

ok, Dee, keep calm... repeat after me:

The 'other' PLACES are several ... let's just say that.

I'm calm now ...

ok .. repeat after me ...

dd is sexy and beautiful ...
dd is sexy and beautiful ...
dd is sexy and beeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful! :D

:p

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Dee, my daughter did the hair cutting thing once. Only she shaved it all off! LOL, good thing her head has a nice shape to it and the fact that she's 6'1". She was able to actually look good. It was her way of cutting away the past and starting over. She now has head full of beautiful black hair, a special guy in her life and is on a better path.

I have always liked your art, no matter where you post it. :)

Hi Tamara,

Oh my ... all off?!!

But it does help if you have a nice shaped head, you're young and thin. :D

Actually, after coloring it yesterday, and evening things out a bit, it looks kinda cute. The only part that looks bad is where I went down to the scalp on the sides. :rolleyes: Guess that'll have to grow out.

I know you've always liked my art ... and you've always been one here at WC that's encouraged me and believed in me, for that I am grateful. :)

Guess sometimes I just get tired of the cliques in here (and they ARE here), and just need to let out my frustration.

Hugs,
Dee

dd50
03-07-2005, 07:53 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255451

Look, DD!!! A white (literally) knight who understands!!
Now THIS is what WC! is all about!! Caring and understanding!!!

It's an OMEN!!! You DO belong here, dd!!! Yay!!!! :clap:

Hmmmmm .... still trying to figure out if that's a compliment or not. :confused:

Well .... I appreciate the fact that he didn't get mad ... just threw out another joke. :D

Cute!

YUP .. caring and understandiing .. now if we could get it to be universal an dnot to just 'some' folks.

Hugs,
Dee

sherina
03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
:angel: Sorry to hear about your experience on the other forums and I understand. I was made to feel the same way when I first found w.c. But I refused to let others stop me from coming to a place where there was soo much to learn and share. I've been in some very serious heated verbal exchanges, had some post removed blah! blah! blah! I think everyone should be allowed to vent periodically, it's just the way life is. I do agree with you that the members here are much easier to communicate with, though I don't post here a lot as my main focus nowaday's is marketing my art. I also feel that those here seem to appreciate my work more than on other forums and I don't let that bother me. I know everyone won't be receptive to my work or appreciate that which I create, so be it. I still continue to post it regardless and I do what I do for me and not others, and if someone else comes along and finds something they like about it too, then that's great. :wink2: Now that being said I'd like to see you stick around and learn and enjoy what everyone has to offer as well as what you have to offer. Try not to internailze what others think or feel. Put on your bull!!!! boots when necessary and just enjoy the ride. WELCOME! :wave: :wave:

www.pastelpassions.net