PDA

View Full Version : monotype pansy

Gisela
12-09-2001, 03:06 PM
monotype pansy
Someone posted a photo of this pansy in the cafe a while ago - I can't find it now to give credit to the photographer, but I wanted to share the monotype. I never 'do' flowers, but I loved the purple in this one, so...
This is 8 x 10, done with monotype paints onto washi paper.

Gisela

sassybird
12-09-2001, 03:15 PM
You are really getting into the swing of things:D I love the colors and the way the image takes up the whole page. Did you use plexiglass or some other surface to do the monoprint on? I have always liked plexiglass because you can turn it around and see if you have good coverage in the areas you want to be more opaque. Did you use watercolor or acrylics......? I both sand and leave plexiglass smooth in doing watercolor monoprints of this type. This is really a nice piece :clap: :clap:

Gisela
12-09-2001, 03:32 PM
Thanks Sassy!

I used plexiglass for this one and the waterbased monotype paints. I let the paints dry completely and then used the prewet washi paper. The paper is so thin that the image goes clear through to the other side. No need to lift a corner and check how it's coming LOL!

I haven't tried any sanding yet. Hmmm...something else to try!!

Gisela

Leaflin
12-09-2001, 08:36 PM
Gisela :)
I remember the flower in cafe' you have captured that beautiful colour of purple.
There is so much to explore in printmaking and most of the supplies are readily available.