Flattwo
12-09-2001, 11:13 AM
Ink/Watercolour on board

dnip24
12-10-2001, 02:40 PM
excellent, good job

mebucko
12-10-2001, 03:31 PM
You know, I think that this is the best I've seen so far from you, and I've liked 'em all! I especially like the (I hate to always say fluid) fluid way you've swept her into the center, this is very good.
I don't think that I have ever seen anybody do this style, and if I'm wrong, and there is somebody, then it's only because I don't get out much!
The only thing that I see wrong here is that your scan is not bringing out the blacks, it's lacking the punch that it needs, and you working with ink, I'm almost sure that's really a black-black, and if it isn't, in my mind it will always be! :D
I love it!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

Oh yeah, another thing that I don't like... is I didn't think of that style....:D
-R-

Flattwo
12-10-2001, 05:51 PM
Thanks for your comments dnip.

mebucko

Also thanks for your comments. The image of the drwaing was taking with a digital camera, in a dull room, not much light around here at this time of year, hence the blacks not being totally black.
The drawing is more vivid in real life!

With regards to the style of drawing, I have not seen it around either.

Its always nice to think you get in there first, but I dought it!!

This style is not to everyones taste I believe, but who cares!!

Flattwo

artdude
12-11-2001, 07:20 PM
I agree with mebucko.

Quote: "the best I've seen so far from you"

Really like your style. Keep them comming!! Before you know it you will be having your own Art Gallery showing!! :D And we can always say "WE SAW IT HERE FIRST" :)

els
12-12-2001, 05:21 AM
Flattwo, this is fantastic. I love the mosaic looking...

Javier
12-12-2001, 07:08 AM
Flattwo, the pen and ink work is great and the use of watercolour really adds to the composition.

The Best,

addphan
12-30-2001, 10:31 AM
flattwo

this is very cool...love the stained glass effect! more please...

andy

reynolds
12-30-2001, 01:04 PM
this is one of my faves so far. it is such an interesting piece. well drawn with great color. have you ever pushed harder with the color or do you like the more minimal applications?

sassybird
12-30-2001, 03:06 PM
Flattwo, your style is very much to my liking. I am always please to see that you have posted something new.

bluespade
12-30-2001, 04:27 PM
great. i, too, like this style and want to see more from you in this vein. did you work from a model or photo? however, the yellow leaf or butterfly-like shape in the upper corner is so much more saturated than the rest that it makes me feel the rest is not yet complete. make sense?

Painted Melody
12-30-2001, 04:43 PM
This is so fab!

I especially dig the way the lines immitate the accidental blessings of watercolor (the drips, the blossoms)

I would love to know who your artistic inspirations are

Jeremy

Ginette
12-31-2001, 05:44 PM
Elizabeth is perfect.

Ginette

Irina
01-08-2002, 03:15 AM
Flatto, I love the effect of stained glass and your work. :clap:
The piece is very dynamic, I guess it's the technique that makes one feel that movement.

IrinA